officer enters wrong apartment ,shoots tenant

ASH

second guessing  any profession is a smart move . being leo makes no one any more moral then a ditch digger or carnie .  and quite the opposite should be held to higher standards   but  thru the years   that bar has been lowered quite a bit 

• Thanks 1

color me shocked  , this is gonna go down like the legless dude  who shot his girlfriend  in the bathroom  when he woke up  and thought a invader was in the house and pumped 6 or 7 shots into the door .  

just because you got wrong door and kill someone its not a do over , im sorry  yada  .  texas rangers take over investigation  to not look biased ,   lol well that makes it look biased  lol

avatars-000180461361-menqmf-t500x500.jpg

• Like 1

"In a statement Saturday, the police department said the Texas Rangers took over the investigation to "eliminate the appearance of any potential bias" and "they made the decision to postpone pursuing a warrant until they could follow up on information that they received from the interview with the officer. ..."

Interesting, to say the least. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PATCHMAN said:

8 hours ago, PATCHMAN said:

If proven she had criminal intent to kill, she would be dirty to the same degree as anyone else with criminal intent who kills.   The same as a secretary who kills and you label the secretary a dirty secretary. Or a truck driver would be a dirty truck driver.  Or a stockbroker would be a dirty stockbroker, etc... 

Dead wrong! A secretary can be competent at her job and never do anything wrong at her job and commit murder and still be considered good at her job.

Any cop who has criminal intent and follows through with a criminal act is a corrupt POS. A cop who does so has violated their OATH to uphold the law. The fact that you don't consider cops corrupt when they deliberately kill someone with criminal intent is very interesting. Using your logic(?) the cops who committed the Danziger Bridge killings weren't corrupt.   

5 hours ago, PATCHMAN said:

You had a gun on you?  Did you think to draw your gun or actually did draw your gun?  Where were you in the OODA loop?

With all due respect, but any failure to react because you were way behind in the OODA loop does not give you bragging rights today to say or imply how you were in control of a situation.     

So if I attempt to open a door and the rightful owner/tenant opens the door I should draw on the SOB? Will do. Thanks for the advice.

Edited by G26S239
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Collim1 said:

I had a baby that didn’t sleep through the night until he was 15 months old. I did some stupid ass stuff during that time. I was a walking zombie. 

Lack of sleep can do some serious things to your judgement. I have seen first hand. 

Had she just came off of a 20 hour long crime scene, and hadn’t slept in 24+ hours I could that as a legitimate contributing factor. 

The fact is there are way too many variables with what’s known. She could have been having a mental health episode or drug interaction. We will have to wait for more information. 

She had been working overtime and just gotten home after a very long shift. DPD operates at 70% of the FBI recommended personnel strength and officers have to compensate that with overtime. My son booked an illegal alien on outstanding warrants and drug charges last week and then called ICE. The whole arresting process and paperwork took over five hours. If that happens at the end of the shift, or if they answer a call at the end of the shift,  then it automatically means a lot of overtime. I also discussed it with my other son, who is a resident doctor in emergency medicine. He works six days a week for 12 to 15 hours and said that this will still be no excuse for a misdiagnosis, or wrong treatment and I think that this carries over to a police officer and armed civilian, as well.

A lot of the comments here are not about this very incident, there are too few facts released to the public at this point. A lot of the comments are obviously expressing the individuals long established opinions about law enforcement in general.

Edited by Andyd
  • Like 1

I also discussed it with my other son, who is a resident doctor in emergency medicine. He works six days a week for 12 to 15 hours and said that this will still be no excuse for a misdiagnosis, or wrong treatment and I think that this carries over to a police officer and armed civilian, as well.

Tell your son real doctors don't get sent home for milk & cookies after 80 hours.

J/K. It's a joke about the 80 hour residency rules that started about 2006.

15 minutes ago, Andyd said:

She had been working overtime and just gotten home after a very long shift. DPD operates at 70% of the FBI recommended personnel strength and officers have to compensate that with overtime. My son booked an illegal alien on outstanding warrants and drug charges last week and then called ICE. The whole arresting process and paperwork took over five hours. If that happens at the end of the shift, or if they answer a call at the end of the shift,  then it automatically means a lot of overtime. I also discussed it with my other son, who is a resident doctor in emergency medicine. He works six days a week for 12 to 15 hours and said that this will still be no excuse for a misdiagnosis, or wrong treatment and I think that this carries over to a police officer and armed civilian, as well.

A lot of the comments here are not about this very incident, there are too few facts released to the public at this point. A lot of the comments are obviously expressing the individuals long established opinions about law enforcement in general.

I pulled a 19 hour shift last night myself. I’ll be tired for three days. I understand. 

• Like 1

I get that this young man is dead prematurely and tragically. And I also understand that many people like to react emotionally, especially if they have an existing bias against LE.  That's par for the course. 

But I personally would like to understand what happened, step-by-step.  If this or a similar event had happened to a non-LEO, I'd still want to know what happened.  Not react emotionally but to understand what happened and possibly learn something.       

• Like 1

11 hours ago, G26S239 said:

Dead wrong! A secretary can be competent at her job and never do anything wrong at her job and commit murder and still be considered good at her job.

Any cop who has criminal intent and follows through with a criminal act is a corrupt POS. A cop who does so has violated their OATH to uphold the law. The fact that you don't consider cops corrupt when they deliberately kill someone with criminal intent is very interesting. Using your logic(?) the cops who committed the Danziger Bridge killings weren't corrupt.   

If you wish to characterize the female LEO this particular particular event as a "dirty" cop and what she did as "corruption," then you go right ahead and do so.     

Edited by PATCHMAN

11 hours ago, G26S239 said:

So if I attempt to open a door and the rightful owner/tenant opens the door I should draw on the SOB? Will do. Thanks for the advice.

So you knew your were not at the right door?  Should you draw?  Should you shoot?  That's up to you, isn't it? 

My only advice is regardless of how an event unfolded/ended, don't confuse actions you intentionally took (because you were ahead in the OODA loop) with reactions that were forced upon you (such as standing there slack jawed and trying to figure out what's happening) because you were way behind in the OODA loop.     

Edited by PATCHMAN

On 9/8/2018 at 2:35 AM, G26S239 said:

This is a horrible screw up on her part, about as bad as Officer Mehserie shooting Oscar Grant while he was face down on the BART train platform. In that case the police were quelling a disturbance and Mehserie just totally screwed the pooch. In this case it is just plain fucked up. Her attorney should advise her to shut up immediately, she will not be employable as a cop even if she skates on conviction. 

On 9/8/2018 at 3:47 AM, SevenSixtyTwo said:

I'm not convinced this was an accident. 

On 9/8/2018 at 4:42 AM, Collim1 said:

Me either. I am willing to bet some additional information comes out. Some information like they were sleeping together?  It would make a lot more Sense than the story now. 

On 9/8/2018 at 4:46 AM, G26S239 said:

If that is the case she should be hammered very hard. I am generally supportive of cops but dirty cops deserve harsh treatment.

Note the qualifier in that ^^^ post Patchman? Of course you did. You just prefer to pretend otherwise.

On 9/8/2018 at 4:58 AM, PATCHMAN said:

If it turns out this was motivated by (assuming) a personal relationship gone bad, how that that make her a dirty cop?    Personal relationships gone bad is a fairly common reason for people to kill.  If she had been a secretary, would she be called a dirty secretary who deserves harsh punishment?  IDK.  

So you went from quibbling over corruption  here ^^^...

11 minutes ago, PATCHMAN said:

If you wish to characterize the female LEO this particular particular event as a "dirty" cop and what she did as "corruption," then you right ahead and do so.     

to implying right here ^^^ that I wish to state in absolute terms that she is a dirty cop. Even if you actually didn't recall how corruption was brought into this discussion you could have taken a few minutes to review. Nice attempt at deception Patchman.

On 9/8/2018 at 7:46 AM, G26S239 said:

If that is the case she should be hammered very hard. I am generally supportive of cops but dirty cops deserve harsh treatment.

On 9/8/2018 at 7:58 AM, PATCHMAN said:

If it turns out this was motivated by (assuming) a personal relationship gone bad, how that that make her a dirty cop?    Personal relationships gone bad is a fairly common reason for people to kill.  If she had been a secretary, would she be called a dirty secretary who deserves harsh punishment?  IDK.  

19 hours ago, PATCHMAN said:

23 minutes ago, G26S239 said:

Note the qualifier in that ^^^ post Patchman? Of course you did. You just prefer to pretend otherwise.

So you went from quibbling over corruption  here ^^^...

to implying right here ^^^ that I wish to state in absolute terms that she is a dirty cop. Even if you actually didn't recall how corruption was brought into this discussion you could have taken a few minutes to review. Nice attempt at deception Patchman.

In this particular case, where she stated she believed she was entering her own apartment, how is it, as you called her, a dirty cop?

And even if this was motivated by a relationship gone bad and she intentionally planned on killing him, she is not so much a corrupt cop as a bad person.  If she was a secretary or an accountant who killed her bf, would you refer to her as a dirty secretary or a corrupt accountant?

You have a bias.  I called you on it.  You don't like it.  I get that.  

Edited by PATCHMAN

1 hour ago, SevenSixtyTwo said:

officer enters wrong apartment ,shoots tenant

That's the bottom line. A man's life was cut short by several decades. How can anyone possibly sugarcoat this with "she was tired"? This ain't no trial run. This is it. Once it's gone, it's gone. No excuse.

Who made excuses, who sugarcoated what exactly?

I do fully well understand that this is a tragic incident that led to the premature death of a victim who obviously had been also a very, very nice and non-violent individual. Of course the victim is gone, you got that right but from here on it needs to be diligently investigated and seen which charges will be filed. It does not look as if she has had the intent of committing murder but made a very, very grave mistake that should lead to criminal charges and the Texas Rangers are a very well respected and independent law enforcement agency. With them leading the investigation, the chances of the truth coming to light are very good.

One of the maxims of American laws is " Innocent until proven guilty by a court of law". It is always interesting to see the Constitution being trampled on by the same people that always cite the 2A when it suits their agenda but with rights do come also responsibilities.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PATCHMAN said:

In this particular case, where she stated she believed she was entering her own apartment, how is it, as you called her, a dirty cop?

And even if this was motivated by a relationship gone bad and she intentionally planned on killing him, she is not so much a corrupt cop as a bad person.  If she was a secretary or an accountant and killed her bf, would you refer to her as a dirty secretary or a corrupt accountant?

I already noted the qualifier I put in response to two other posters. Your refusal to acknowledge that I put that qualifier in that post is dishonest. 

I posted the definition of corruption and noted the fact that any LEO who plots and commits felonies is in violation of their oath to uphold the law and is corrupt. Any cop who commits felonies is a bad cop, a corrupt cop. If she shot him for a relationship gone bad, a hypothetical that you brought up, and followed up by lying about it and interfering with a proper investigation than there is the violent felony followed by the cover up. Committing violent felonies and altering/hiding evidence are the actions of a dirty cop. The fact that you discern no corruption in committing felonies and covering them up is on you.

No what you did was attribute to me a position I didn't take. That is dishonest. 

16 minutes ago, PATCHMAN said:

And even if this was motivated by a relationship gone bad and she intentionally planned on killing him, she is not so much a corrupt cop as a bad person.  If she was a secretary or an accountant who killed her bf, would you refer to her as a dirty secretary or a corrupt accountant?

And again, she did not enter the apartment. The victim was shot in his doorway. Rumours were also quickly spread that he was shot while sitting on his couch. This is the reason why I mentioned the lack of trustworthiness of the MSM, they too often pick up unverified information to sensationalize their news and increase traffic for sheer financial gain.

7 minutes ago, G26S239 said:

I already noted the qualifier I put in response to two other posters. Your refusal to acknowledge that I put that qualifier in that post is dishonest. 

I posted the definition of corruption and noted the fact that any LEO who plots and commits felonies is in violation of their oath to uphold the law and is corrupt. Any cop who commits felonies is a bad cop, a corrupt cop. If she shot him for a relationship gone bad, a hypothetical that you brought up, and followed up by lying about it and interfering with a proper investigation than there is the violent felony followed by the cover up. Committing violent felonies and altering/hiding evidence are the actions of a dirty cop. The fact that you discern no corruption in committing felonies and covering them up is on you.

No what you did was attribute to me a position I didn't take. That is dishonest. 

It is undisputed that a corrupt law enforcement officer, or one who commits any other crime, is unfit for service but this cannot be deducted from the unverified and limited info that was released nor is it relevant to this incident at this point. 

Edited by Andyd

16 minutes ago, G26S239 said:

If she shot him for a relationship gone bad, a hypothetical that you brought up, and followed up by lying about it and interfering with a proper investigation than there is the violent felony followed by the cover up. Committing violent felonies and altering/hiding evidence are the actions of a dirty cop. The fact that you discern no corruption in committing felonies and covering them up is on you.

Has she lied about what happened?  

4 minutes ago, Andyd said:

It is undisputed that a corrupt law enforcement officer, or one who commits any other crime, is unfit for service but this cannot be deducted from the unverified and limited info that was released nor is it relevant to this incident at this point. 

This is a discussion forum and this incident is being discussed. And not just here either but at other websites and in homes and businesses all over the nation. It will continue to be discussed and what ifs will be brought up as they have been here. 

• Like 1

Just now, G26S239 said:

I don't know.

Well, when we know she lied to cover her tracks about what happened, I'll call her corrupt. 

Right now, all I know is she tried to enter an apartment she believed was her own.  If you believe that's corruption on her part, you're being dishonest.      

• Like 2

1 minute ago, G26S239 said:

This is a discussion forum and this incident is being discussed. And not just here either but at other websites and in homes and businesses all over the nation. It will continue to be discussed and what ifs will be brought up as they have been here. 

That is absolutely fine with me as long as it is fine with you that I consider a lot of posts irrelevant and speculative. What I do not agree with is that people come up with a premature guilty or not guilty verdict without having the proper facts. Everybody is entitled to his opinion and it is very interesting for me to read them, it shows that we share a common hobby; firearms, that brought us all here onto one forum but there are little other common denominators. 

There’s a scenario that could  have occurred that would explain her reaction. 

She keeps trying to open the door. Can’t figure out why “her” apartment is locked. 

He hears someone messing with “his” door.  He thinks someone is trying to break into his apartment  

He runs over to the door and jerks it open with a “who the F are you?”  Maybe even with a bat or something in his hand  

She already thinks something is up. She startled and shoots him thinking the “burglar” of “her” apartment is attacking her. 

He seemed like a really decent guy. There is no way I believe he would have intentionally attacked a Police Officer. 

None of this should have happened. It’s on her. No way around it. Just trying to figure out how it went to deadly force that fast. 

• Like 1