officer enters wrong apartment ,shoots tenant

ASH

Absolutely tragic.  Officer screwed up big time and deserves punishment.  How much I don't know since the details are unknown.  But the victim, and I do mean victim, was by all accounts an upstanding member of society.

Just an awful incident for all involved.

• Like 3

Off duty female LEO is coming home but enters wrong apartment.  Sees someone already inside "her" apartment that she does not know.  Shoots and kills him.  Female LEO's blood drawn for drug/alcohol analysis.  Investigation continuing.  

Tragic.  

Edited by PATCHMAN
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

Her awareness did certainly seem to be impaired.  Same layout as her apartment, same furnishings , same colors? ; seems unlikely.

Pure speculation, but the young man's apartment may have been the typical single-guy-lives-alone messy.  And the female LEO, upon entering what she believed was "her" apartment, thought it was ransacked. Then she sees a man she did not recognize...

Again, pure speculation on my part.        

29 minutes ago, PATCHMAN said:

Pure speculation, but the young man's apartment may have been the typical single-guy-lives-alone messy.  And the female LEO, upon entering what she believed was "her" apartment, thought it was ransacked. Then she sees a man she did not recognize...

Again, pure speculation on my part.        

She screwed up

• Thanks 2

Dallas police have some history entering  the wrong apartment and killing the resident.  If memory serves, back in the 80's sort of the same thing happened in Dallas. Two officers entered the wrong apartment in a bad neighborhood, saw what they thought was a black man with a gun and opened up. I remember the news release because one of the officers involved was carrying a 1911 and reloaded twice - going through all his available ammunition. I believe the second officer fired a couple magazines.  The man living in the apartment was found dead in front of his sofa with a Bible in his hand.  I have forgotten what happened post shooting accept it cost the city a bundle. I guess they haven't learned much over the years.

3 minutes ago, Citra47 said:

The man living in the apartment was found dead in front of his sofa with a Bible in his hand. 

Genesis 9:5-6 5And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being. 6"Whoever sheds human blood, by humans shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind.

• Like 3

interesting ,  i had not heard anything bout that incident     that is offf the charts .  i hate to say it and hope never happens but if leo get wrong house and come in on my family  there is gonna be a world of hurt prolly for everyone  .  ofcourse my alarm system would give me heads up .   but  ive been thru that talk with family and hope it never happens , when innocent good people get killed for nothing  in their own home ,,  its on cuzzzzz

Edited by ASH

2 hours ago, Glocks4Freedom said:

She screwed up

I get that some of you don't want to know the whys and what happened and only want to mindlessly salivate at the headline because she is LE.    

Off duty female LEO comes home but enters wrong apartment. Apartment possibly appears ransacked.  Female LEOs sees someone inside "her" apartment that she does not know.  She shoots and kills him.  Female LEO's blood drawn for drug/alcohol analysis.  Investigation continuing.  

So far, it seems she did screw up, especially if she was at the time under the influence.  So (from the article), she's facing the same legal consequences as any CCWer in a similar situation.     

Edited by PATCHMAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PATCHMAN said:

I get that some of you don't want to know the whys and what happened and only want to mindlessly salivate at the headline because she is LE.    

Off duty female LEO comes home but enters wrong apartment. Apartment possibly appears ransacked.  Female LEOs sees someone inside "her" apartment that she does not know.  She shoots and kills him.  Female LEO's blood drawn for drug/alcohol analysis.  Investigation continuing.  

So far, it seems she did screw up, especially if she was at the time under the influence.  So (from the article), she's facing the same legal consequences as any CCWer in a similar situation.     

there is a pattern here lol  ,serious question  ,  if it was a family member of yours  would you feel different ?  

what does a ransacked room  have to do with killing someone in their own  apartment  ?  

every police thread you make excuses  for leo , i guess birds of a feather  flock together is really real .   

with all the excuses you make for leo  god help the innocent people  you encounter that people do not know about  ,  you are a special 

kind of person   and i mean that from the heart  my friend ,  

i think i get it  , clean up your ransacked  apartment or house  or you might get shot by police .   makes sense to me . 

damn 430 am here i better get some sleep i got some cleaning up to around the house today  .  note to self

Edited by ASH

This is a horrible screw up on her part, about as bad as Officer Mehserie shooting Oscar Grant while he was face down on the BART train platform. In that case the police were quelling a disturbance and Mehserie just totally screwed the pooch. In this case it is just plain fucked up. Her attorney should advise her to shut up immediately, she will not be employable as a cop even if she skates on conviction. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SevenSixtyTwo said:

I'm not convinced this was an accident. 

Me either. I am willing to bet some additional information comes out. Some information like they were sleeping together?  It would make a lot more Sense than the story now. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SevenSixtyTwo said:

I'm not convinced this was an accident. 

1 minute ago, Collim1 said:

Me either. I am willing to bet some additional information comes out. Some information like they were sleeping together?  It would make a lot more Sense than the story now. 

If that is the case she should be hammered very hard. I am generally supportive of cops but dirty cops deserve harsh treatment.

• Like 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-cop-walks-apartment-she-thought-hers-kills-220705519.html

"The officer, who police have yet to identify and has been placed on leave pending official charges, will face criminal charges for the fatal shooting, officials said Friday."

I suspect the criminal and civil trial will sort it all out.

Edited by willie-pete
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, G26S239 said:

If that is the case she should be hammered very hard. I am generally supportive of cops but dirty cops deserve harsh treatment.

If it turns out this was motivated by (assuming) a personal relationship gone bad, how that that make her a dirty cop?    Personal relationships gone bad is a fairly common reason for people to kill.  If she had been a secretary, would she be called a dirty secretary who deserves harsh punishment?  IDK.  

Edited by PATCHMAN

The facts are trickling down slowly but speculation is faster.

It appears that she used the elevator and got off on the wrong floor, the hallways of the floors seem to be looking alike. She tried to open the door of an apartment in the same location in the hallway like hers but of course, the key did not work.  It isn't really clear if she had entered the apartment since the  victim opened the door and a neighbour reported to have heard him yelling before the shots were fired. This is an incredible mess up and very obviously manslaughter and epic stupidity. The use of deadly force should be the last resort and this disaster could have been avoided and should have been avoided by a trained law enforcement professional, especially since DPD has a great trining program and three months of RBT and emphasizes on wrestling skills.

BLM protested yesterday and walked the streets with AK47s. 

Edited by Andyd

8 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-cop-walks-apartment-she-thought-hers-kills-220705519.html

"The officer, who police have yet to identify and has been placed on leave pending official charges, will face criminal charges for the fatal shooting, officials said Friday."

The Texas Rangers are investigating this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

What seems to be lost in this thread is the fact that regardless of whether this is a case where she walked into the wrong apartment and thought an intruder was inside, or (assuming) it was a personal relationship gone bad, she's being arrested like anyone in this situation would have been.    

• Like 1