Anyone use Ramshot Silhouette powder?

PNWguy

Was at Sportsman's Warehouse today fondling compact 9mms and decided to grab some more powder.  Was going to get a can of 231 and then saw the Ramshot Silhouette for the same price.  Read the label and it sounded impressive.  Anyone else use it?  I'm always looking for that combo that gives me great accuracy and low recoil in my G35 for GSSF.

Current load is 4.4g of Titegroup behind an RMR 165gr bullet.  Have had good luck with the 231 and Unique as well.

Will start doing some internet research to see if I just wasted $28 or not...

Online reviews of it are pretty positive.  Loaded up a box of 6.0 and 6.2 grains behind the RMR 165 grain plated bullets at 1.125 OAL.  Headed to the range in an hour or so to test them out.

My old design Lee hand priming tool's handle broke off during the process so now I have to try and find a replacement.  I have one of the newer style ones and it sucks big time.  barely works and I often have to drop each primer in the cup.  Makes an already tedious process much more tedious... 

Didn't go to my normal range and instead went to a gravel pit about 4 miles from my house so I didn't have a bench rest and fancy targets.  Used some homemade targets and blasted away.

Very, very happy with the results!

Did some 25yd 5-shot groups with both blends as well as a couple of 5-shot ten yard offhand groups.  25yd groups were inconclusive due to the lack of a proper rest and very windy but turned in around 3" each.  Not bad for conditions.

All of the offhand closer groups were outstanding at just over an inch with both loads.  The 6.2 grain load was a little tighter but both recipes had very light recoil and excellent accuracy.

vyW6dr6uOrZFPg4y6VVLeOGC__rg6R-3J4_ruGzTcikpX92IB.jpg.cde92031e38c31492adbf589bd164e87.jpg 

eszRRfIC_cZIKt1380xRt5t_So9Y1SLrHnTC0YLauQEpX92IB.jpg.f25686a2ba389623394918cd1cd157eb.jpg

Been using it for awhile now. LGS owner told me it was designed for 40 cal, but did really well in 9 mm. 

I’ve been really happy with it. Shots well, pretty clean, has a lower pitch bark(at least to me) and leaves a pleasant peppery smell. Unlike that bastard burnt berry scent Longshot has. ?

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.