Colin Kaepernick headlines Nike ad campaign

pipedreams

This is just lovely!  Wonder if they think this will help sales?

"Nike Inc has chosen Colin Kaepernick, the first NFL player to kneel during the national anthem as a protest against racism, as one of the faces for advertisements commemorating the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan, a move that could draw U.S. President Donald Trump’s ire."

image.png.4d316939827708d71867fa34c722dd91.png

5b8d9d442532a.gif.5e16771b9ad81730101f7beb581a1677.gif

https://globalnews.ca/news/4425121/colin-kaepernick-nike-ad-campaign/

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is no surprise.

Their market consists of ignorant young Africans that will kill each other for overpriced athletic shoes.

Mr. Kaepernik fits right in with that demographic.

How long before he releases his gangsta rap album.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

By making Colin Kaepernick the face of the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” ad campaign, Nike disrespects the American flag and spits in the faces of all those that have served, and presently serve, under that flag.

I, for one, have had it with corporations that purposefully insult this country and their consumer base.

image.thumb.png.226fae85903e9577b9450b14babe3b99.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Nike goes right on my can-go-suck-a-bag-of-dicks list.

Not that I have bought anything from them in at least 5 years. I think I still have a LeBron Miami Heat Nike NBL shirt somewhere. That really needs proper disposal by now. Maybe I'll take a dump on it, take a photo, and email it to Nike and some of those tools.

While I'm at it: I'll buy a new pair of New Balance shoes, MADE IN THE USA, first thing tomorrow. Just because I can Do It.

https://www.newbalance.com/made-in-us-and-uk/made-in-usa-sneakers/mens-made-in-usa/

• Like 4

Didn't the 49er's pay him $29 Million to just go away?  Now he has an ad campaign with Nike.  Not exactly sacrificing everything.  He's hitting a huge, sport-related payday and he no longer even has to practice or listen to a coach.

That said, I am done with Nike.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1