Mosquitoes

DrB

22 minutes ago, DrB said:

How are they in your area?  Here is hot and high humidity with no breeze, they are terrible the past few days.  Does not help I have a small swamp down by the river on my property.

Dave..

Mosquitoes rule in this part of Florida. We don't get the ocean breeze like the coasts do and we are very close to a large lake.  We use a Mosquito Magnet for areas around the house but away from there you are fair game.

Just now, Walt Longmire said:

It's too hot for them there.....and dry. They have perished, or migrated north.

That hasn't kept them away before. Besides, we've had more than double the amount of rain we normally have this summer. We've had crazy winds. Maybe they 'blew' north.

1 minute ago, Walt Longmire said:

It's too hot for them there.....and dry. They have perished, or migrated north.

Ohio here.  North Coast by the Lake....  Thanks for sending them....

Dave..

11 hours ago, Hannie Caulder said:

Mosquitoes are the Florida state bird.

Hahaha!

No, that's actually the Mockingbird (Edit). How do I know? I have one of those assholes showing up each spring, faking car alarm and other sounds starting at 2 AM sharp each night, in an attempt to find a female to hump on.

He likes the tree next to my bedroom particularly. I had to water hose the tree for 2 weeks just after sunset to move his ass across the street into a neighbors tree. If he shows up again next year I'll either burn the tree down or my BB rifle may have an accident discharge.

This year I didn't get proper sleep for 2 month straight.

I take our mosquitoes over Mr ******* any freakin' time! And yes, I gave him that name and I call him ******* when I'm out in my yard.

Edited by crockett
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, crockett said:

Hahaha!

No, that's actually the Hummingbird. How do I know? I have one of those assholes showing up each spring, faking car alarm and other sounds starting at 2 AM sharp each night, in an attempt to find a female to hump on.

He likes the tree next to my bedroom particularly. I had to water hose the tree for 2 weeks just after sunset to move his ass across the street into a neighbors tree. If he shows up again next year I'll either burn the tree down or my BB rifle may have an accident discharge.

This year I didn't get proper sleep for 2 month straight.

I take our mosquitoes over Mr ******* any freakin' time! And yes, I gave him that name and I call him ******* when I'm out in my yard.

Do you mean a mockingbird?

• Like 4