Glock 46 ever come to us?

DieselMcBadass

4 hours ago, DieselMcBadass said:

Seems they got it right with no finger grooves or unconfortable cutouts in front strap, the g19 size, and a beavertail. 

I noticed that, too, and that's a big step forward.  I notice that it's also a 2 pin gun with an ambi slide stop. But what I'd like to know is if the rotating barrel is actually substantially more accurate.

glk46-pistol.jpg

5 minutes ago, DieselMcBadass said:

I thought the point of rotating barrels was recoil reduction, do they affect accuracy?

With a rotating barrel there's no swinging link (or linkless) like the Browning system.  The barrel stays in the same plane even while unlocking.  Different bullet weights and velocities have less of an effect on point of impact.  A pre production example of the Colt 2000 was the most accurate factory gun I had ever fired.   So much so that I ordered two.  But Colt decided to redesign the Stoner/Knight masterpiece resulting in minute o washtub accuracy.

4 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

With a rotating barrel there's no swinging link (or linkless) like the Browning system.  The barrel stays in the same plane even while unlocking.  Different bullet weights and velocities have less of an effect on point of impact.  A pre production example of the Colt 2000 was the most accurate factory gun I had ever fired.   So much so that I ordered two.  But Colt decided to redesign the Stoner/Knight masterpiece resulting in minute o washtub accuracy.

thank you, cool to know. Wonder why their not more popular.

6 minutes ago, DieselMcBadass said:

thank you, cool to know. Wonder why their not more popular.

It's my understanding they wear like crazy.  Eugene Stoner and Reed Knight solved the problem but Colt screwed to gun up in countless other ways.  Beretta/Stoger makes one but I don't know much about it.

On 9/2/2018 at 2:30 PM, DieselMcBadass said:

ive heard good things from px4 owners, but none of them have put crazy numbers of rounds through.

The Canadian Border Service Agency bought the Px4 in 9mm and the only issues they report are sights that wear and magazine lip issues. Otherwise, they like them.

dont care about anything in that unneeded, dying caliber.

What sells better, rotating barreled pistols or .40 caliber Glocks?

One is less popular than it once was and the other was DOA.

The point is, that barking up the tree of foreign government ordered “one offs” is a lost cause.