A product that really works and solves a problem for AR owners

ARP

I gotta promote this product that I bought and arrived today. Here is the problem, my AR, it has a light and a laser, both have pressure switches, so how do I mount them? I have tried a combination of glue, velcro, tape, zipties....nothing really worked until today. If your AR has a rail or the ability to mount a piece of rail, this product is for you. It is a rubber sleeve that snaps over your rail and on the top part is a sleeve that you slide your pressure switch into. It holds it completely secure, I zip tied the cords in place and it is a clean setup.

www.manta.us                  product is called the micro pocket switch holder w/button. Manta Weapon Accessories.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Collim1 said:

I haven’t found a method to mount a pressure switch that I like yet. I’ve tried it all including bicycle inner tube. 

I’ll be giving this a look. 

Velcro and two of those elastic hair things my wife uses to put her hair back. It's worked great to 10 years. But if there's a better option im game.

5 hours ago, syntaxerrorsix said:

I am fairly certain that all those you have listed are cut out type units. If your pressure switch is not that size, it won't work. My light is an Olight, there is not any pressure switch mounts that I know of that work for it (except the unit I am highlighting) due to the shape of the switch, same deal with my laser. The unit I mention is a sleeve that you slide the pressure switch into the flexible rubber sleeve and then snap the unit onto the top rail or a rail piece mounted on your hand guard where you want it. In this example size does not matter as long as it fits into the sleeve. There are some makers that cater to specific vendors like Surefire etc, and if you don't have a Surefire tape switch, no worky.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ARP said:

I ordered a second one along with a belt from Amazon. The switch for the laser was coming off, again, it was velcro'ed and glued.

On 9/2/2018 at 3:09 PM, ARP said:

I am fairly certain that all those you have listed are cut out type units. If your pressure switch is not that size, it won't work. My light is an Olight, there is not any pressure switch mounts that I know of that work for it (except the unit I am highlighting) due to the shape of the switch, same deal with my laser. The unit I mention is a sleeve that you slide the pressure switch into the flexible rubber sleeve and then snap the unit onto the top rail or a rail piece mounted on your hand guard where you want it. In this example size does not matter as long as it fits into the sleeve. There are some makers that cater to specific vendors like Surefire etc, and if you don't have a Surefire tape switch, no worky.

The Magpul plates are "optimized" for Surefire but I don't see any reason why Olight's switch wouldn't fit and for $14 I'd be willing to give it a try and a dremel could quite easily make any needed mods.  The only pressure switch I have is for my Streamlight.  Thankfully they thought to include two screw holes for mounting options.  I screwed it directly to the Magpul 870 forend.  Good luck with your search.

Edited by syntaxerrorsix

2 hours ago, syntaxerrorsix said:

The Magpul plates are "optimized" for Surefire but I don't see any reason why Olight's switch wouldn't fit and for $14 I'd be willing to give it a try and a dremel could quite easily make any needed mods.  The only pressure switch I have is for my Streamlight.  Thankfully they thought to include two screw holes for mounting options.  I screwed it directly to the Magpul 870 forend.  Good luck with your search.

Oh the search is over, for this application it is the greatest thing since canned beer. No screws, no dremel to fit. The other great feature is if you have a quick release with the light and no zip ties on the wires, the whole unit comes off with little effort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nitesite said:

Operators and Ranger/SEALs are going to thank you for discovering this.

I doubt it, I'm sure they are well aware of the product since they don't have to go out and buy these items. Manta is a provider of goods to US.gov