Spare G19 mag carrier?

Eric2340

I need to find a better way to carry a spare G19 mag on a daily basis that is both durable and comfortable (meaning it does not dig in to my side rolls when I sit :( ). The old nylon knife sheath I've been using ain't cutting it anymore and looks cheap anyway. :(

Biggest issues again though, is I need something that carries a little lower so it does not dig into me (read: fat :( LOL). I'm hoping for a solution vs having one custom made to fit "me".

Any suggestions that WORK? (PS - "pocket carry" doesn't work either, I've tried it!! :( :( :( ) - Thanks!!!

Eric 

Edited by Eric2340

I'm a fan of the OEM carrier. Very light weight and adds almost no bulk. Inexpensive too.

I don't know if it will "fit" you or not. You may try moving whatever carrier you have to a different location on your waist. Try moving it a little further back. Maybe 7-8 O'clock to get behind the "problem" areas?

Well, you can go old school and not cheap, Milt Sparks leather, or try JM Kydex, who has both traditional OWB mag pouches or AIWB.  Based on body type and how long you carry, one or the other should work.  

You may find a magazine in the phone pocket of pants/shorts a little slow to work when you really need it. YMMV 

10 hours ago, TeaDub said:

I'm a fan of the OEM carrier. Very light weight and adds almost no bulk. Inexpensive too.

I don't know if it will "fit" you or not. You may try moving whatever carrier you have to a different location on your waist. Try moving it a little further back. Maybe 7-8 O'clock to get behind the "problem" areas?

I use the Glock OEM mag carrier as well.  I got one years ago and it worked great for me.  I've never used anything else for my glocks.  Get the holster too.  It works surprisingly well.

19 hours ago, Mike Papa said:

Safariland 123 Horizontal Magazine Pouch. I thought it looked cheap, but I wanted to try the horizontal carry. One of the best investments I’ve ever made. :patriot:

19 hours ago, Mike Papa said:

89CA7E4A-F070-4A53-9CB5-D0AC2004AA66.jpeg

Yeah, I tried one of those, did not like it. :(

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

This is what I am using now (again, cheap nylon knife sheath). It works "ok" but looks like hell, and is slow to get open. :( About the only good thing it does is it FULLY covers the mag so it does not "look" like a spare mag hanging off my belt. I pocket carry my G26 (So. Fla) so literally NO one can tell I am carrying a gun or much less even a mag.

I've thought about reaching out to come custom leather holster makers, as the big thing for me is it sits LOWER on a belt than a traditional mag carrier does, which I prefer for comfort reasons (does NOT dig into my side rolls :) LOL).

Thanks -

20161002_152704.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2018 at 4:38 PM, Eric2340 said:

I need to find a better way to carry a spare G19 mag on a daily basis that is both durable and comfortable (meaning it does not dig in to my side rolls when I sit :( ). The old nylon knife sheath I've been using ain't cutting it anymore and looks cheap anyway. :(

Biggest issues again though, is I need something that carries a little lower so it does not dig into me (read: fat :( LOL). I'm hoping for a solution vs having one custom made to fit "me".

Any suggestions that WORK? (PS - "pocket carry" doesn't work either, I've tried it!! :( :( :( ) - Thanks!!!

Eric 

Ya got a pocket, ya got a place for a mag..looks like a pocket knife..

https://www.snagmag.com/

61CzYcgYkvL._SX466_.jpg