spurgon

Removing sweat from rough finish.

Ive got an 870 doing predator duty this summer. It's got a rough finish instead of bluing. What produce do you recommend to remove the sweat and protect from rusting?

Thx in advance

If you consider it to be in a "final finish state", wipe it with Silicone oil or wax. 

Know ahead of time that if you are using real Silicone oil or wax, it may never be completely removed if you later desire a different finish.  It will, however, isolate the steel from everything else, and it will "bleed" over scratches, etc. so the protection is ongoing.

This is true for real Silicon oil and wax, many claims are not always what they say they are.

At home I use Silicon Ignition grease that is used for waterproofing high voltage ignition systems.  Then I wipe  off

the excess.

Edited by janice6

I rub some Hoppe’s gun grease into the parkerizing on my 870P’s. Apply it generously and let it sit overnight. Wipe any excess off with a rag and it will be protected from humidity for half a year or more depending on environmental conditions. The Hoppes will soak into the parkerizing and won’t be messy to handle.