Replacement Glock Sights

minderasr

Let's face it.  The stock plastic sights just suck.  I have TruGlo TFX Pros on two of my Glocks and love them.  Installed XS Big Dot on my gen5 G19 but I'm on the fence with them.  Guess I have to get used to the sight picture.

Anyway, what's your go-to replacement sights and why?  Just looking to see what other people are using.

Edited by minderasr
Typo

Depends on the gun. For a carry gun I like three dot night sights, all the same color. For a fun range gun I like all black steel sights like Dawson’s. The best bargain in night sights is to upgrade to Glock night sights when you buy the gun, about $50 more.

8 hours ago, Boogieman said:

I think the Ameriglo have a wider (.180) notch.  And Warren doesn't serrate their rear sight or have a Hi-Def front sight.

I have Ameriglo Spartan sights (orange/ green) on my glock 35. I hate them. The notch is way too wide and shows too much daylight around the front sight. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Black said:

I have like three sets of Ameriglo I-Dot Pros.    They have become my favorite over the last several years.  

Agree 100%.  For me, the I-Dot system is the quickest to use and quite accurate. I learned to really like it while shooting my Kahr CM9 and am very happy Ameriglo makes the  I-Dot's for Glocks among others.

• Like 1

I like the Trijicon GL05’s. I don’t like spending the money on tritium night sights.

The GL05 is a steel sight with a nice bright large dot on the front sight. They shoot very well and are about 1/3 the cost of tritium sights. 

I have tritium sights on my duty sidearm, but most of my other guns don’t have them.  

I've had good experience with Ameriglos.  Recenltly, I switched out some dim sights with Trijicon HDs.  I now have those on my 19 and 43.  I like the i-dot sight picture and the large front dot is quick to pick up.  Only downside to the Trijis is both came with really sharp edges.  I had to hit them with a file.

On 8/24/2018 at 4:53 PM, BamaBud said:

I started out with Meprolights.

Lately, the TFOs have become more visible. Something to do with aging eyes, I guess.

When I was much younger Mepro's were easy to see with the white ring around the tritium.

Now in my late 70's TFO's on my 26, 19 and 22 keep me on target.

Night Fision has a front sight that is working well for me on a MP 2.0 9C.

Standardizing all my Glocks on the Ameriglo Agents whenever it's time to replace them.  I already bought a set for my new duty gun which got pushed back to next year so I''ll probably just stick them on my next gun which I will probably buy before we finally switch.

I don't mind the stock sites at all. I like the 'ball in cup' site picture.  I've only had one set damaged and replaced them with Glock metal sites.  Otherwise, the polymer sites have been very durable.  I understand the allure of night sites, I really do.  But this kid is rarely out and around in places of elevated risk after dark.  Not knocking aftermarket sites, just never deemed them necessary.

• Thanks 1