Austria made vs USA made Glocks

mmcbeat

On current production Glocks I can't tell a bit of difference.  Though some people swear the Austrian made are better.

But...

Here's my take.  In my opinion the toughest exterior coating Glock ever used was their "frying pan" finish from about 2004 to 2011.  Glock began a global transition away from their tried and true "Tenifer" metal treatment to other kinds if Ferritic nitrocarburizing in 2007.  That's when the rust issues began.  I always look for a Gen 3's made between 2004 and 2007.

Given the choice, I prefer Austrian made. It probably makes no difference but is more "traditional". I also prefer Gen 4 guns. They fit my hands better. The only rust issue I've ever had with any gun was with a stainless/aluminum J-frame. I took it to Florida on vacation decades ago without bringing a silicone cloth or oil. My sweat is apparently quite corrosive. No problems with the newer Glocks. I spend 15 seconds to wipe them down as well after a sweaty day of carry.

• 3 weeks later...

Given the two options in front of me at the time of purchase, I'd go USA made.  Supports some American workers and a big USA on the pistol looks awesome.

Having said that, 3 out of the 4 I currently own are Austrian made.

1 of those Austrian models (G26.5) is the only one that's needed breaking in.

2 hours ago, t4terrific said:

American made isn’t as good for when I’m cooking shrimp on the barbie.

I'm going to assume that this is a poorly constructed joke, and you purposefully mistook Austria for australia- or maybe I'm missing something. 

to the OP, I currently have 4 glocks: 2 US made, 1 Austrian, and 1 that I would have to dig out of the safe to tell you, because I can't remember.  That's about how much I care.  I've owned Glocks for 10 years.  I shoot once a week.  I cannot tell a difference.

At least the Glock purists don't seem as bad as the Beretta guys.

• Like 1

I'm going to assume that this is a poorly constructed joke, and you purposefully mistook Austria for australia- or maybe I'm missing something.  

G’day mate! It is actually a rather well constructed joke.

Your comments make you look brand new, but in your defense, I did dangle a worm.

Be careful not to let the extra clips scratch your Glock’s Tenifer finish when sliding around in the Glock Tupperware.

Given the choice, I would probably pick Austrian based on emotion rather than knowledge, because it just "Seems" like they might be better somehow.  I currewntly own two Gen 3's. One, a G20SF that I bought new in 2013, and a G23 Police turn-in that came with a "Law enforcement only" magazine indicating that it was made before 2004. both are excellent guns regardless of where they re made.

The only other Glocks I would want to own would be a G21, either an SF or a Gen 4, or a G19x if they ever make one in black, or a G43 if Glock ever makes  FACTORY extended mags for them. And I don't know if any of those guns are made in Austria and it probably wouldn't matter much to me either way, just as long as I get the gun that I want in the configuration that I want.

Edited by Borg warner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
When I ordered my G29 from my FFL, he said he'd make sure I got an Austrian Glock.
My current two Glocks are Austrian.  My previous Glocks from years ago were all Austrian.  
No idea if there's any difference.
All mine are Austrian, no complaints.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk