4.5 connector

mmcbeat

I installed a 4.5 (-) OEM Glock connector in my Gen 4 17 and could feel the difference. Installed one in my Gen 5 19 and could feel no difference. Both guns are low round count and have shot approximately the same number of rounds. To me trigger pull felt the same on both guns with the standard 5.5 connectors. Comments?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ijust got a Gen 5 G19 today and the trigger felt okay and broke at 5.5lbs.  I took it apart and installed a 3.5lb aftermarket connector since I had a couple laying around and it actually felt worse.

Polished up the stock one and put it back in.  I also ordered a Glock OEM (-) connector for the heck of it.  

Different connectors all feel different in different Glocks.  It's the weirdest thing.  You just have to keep experimenting with different parts until you get the feel you want.

I like my G19's trigger; just wish it was a hair lighter, which hopefully the new OEM connector will do.  If not...  Well, it was only $18 (and why the heck are (-) connectors $18 when 5.5lb connectors are $5????)  Damn conspiracy, I swear...

53 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

Ijust got a Gen 5 G19 today and the trigger felt okay and broke at 5.5lbs.  I took it apart and installed a 3.5lb aftermarket connector since I had a couple laying around and it actually felt worse.

Polished up the stock one and put it back in.  I also ordered a Glock OEM (-) connector for the heck of it.  

Different connectors all feel different in different Glocks.  It's the weirdest thing.  You just have to keep experimenting with different parts until you get the feel you want.

I like my G19's trigger; just wish it was a hair lighter, which hopefully the new OEM connector will do.  If not...  Well, it was only $18 (and why the heck are (-) connectors $18 when 5.5lb connectors are $5????)  Damn conspiracy, I swear...

What I read was that Glock doesn't want to sell the OEM "-" connector in the U.S., so they are all bought overseas then imported here.  Probably has to do with liability and other legal crap, as opposed to any real safety issue.  It's my understanding that even the glock armorers have to provide a serial number of a gun that comes with the "-" connector stock before glock will ship them a replacement.  That could be old info though.

Yeah, not like it costs a lot to ship them internationally in bulk, but I'm sure the extra middlemen involved all get a decent profit from it as well.

So yeah, it kind of is a conspiracy. 

• Like 1