My new toy

Wyzz Kydd

38 minutes ago, crockett said:

How many miles did you put on it yet? Any oil loss?

It is right at 4,000 miles. The first oil change was at 500 miles, so 3,500 miles on this oil and the dipstick still reads full. 

My wife and I drove up to TN this weekend for a cowboy match and I got a chance to drive some nice twisty TN mountain roads. It handled turns that were listed as 35 mph nicely at 80 mph. Waze was helpful in telling me what curves were coming up.

I like the functionality of having Waze on the 8” infotainment screen. I also like the performance screen that told me my tires were cool and let me know when they reached ‘normal’ temperature.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

It is right at 4,000 miles. The first oil change was at 500 miles, so 3,500 miles on this oil and the dipstick still reads full. 

My wife and I drove up to TN this weekend for a cowboy match and I got a chance to drive some nice twisty TN mountain roads. It handled turns that were listed as 35 mph nicely at 80 mph. Waze was helpful in telling me what curves were coming up.

I like the functionality of having Waze on the 8” infotainment screen. I also like the performance screen that told me my tires were cool and let me know when they reached ‘normal’ temperature.

That's good news! I'm glad. Do you drive a lot in manual, paddling down with massive ref-matches? I think that's what caused my Corvette to eat oil like nothing.

The 1LE version is only available as a manual.

I leave active rev matching on pretty much all the time, but I don’t do hi rev down shifts very often. Non highway driving I tend to run 1st to 3K rpm or so then shift to 2nd, then end up skipping to 5th. 

On the interstate I run in 5th or 6th with 4th as my go to down shift.

High rev downshifting for me is limited to curvy roads as 4th is strong enough to get me good acceleration on the roads I frequent and the revs don’t get high there until arrest me speeds.

3rd is pretty short since I can run 2nd almost to 70 mph and 4th gives me good pull at that speed.