What's the strangest firearm you've carried for self-defense?

fortyofforty

On 8/24/2018 at 6:41 PM, fortyofforty said:

In a garter, on your thigh? ?

Seriously, I'd consider that a "marker" pistol:  it won't stop an attacker, but the police might be able to find him later if he seeks medical treatment or is found with a bullet wound.

Actually, the original Derringers were carried in a garter - around the wrist by gamblers.  They were also in .36 and .44.  Shady lady’s would access the ones in their garters through a slit in their costumes.  

Hawk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 6actual said:

I guess this would be the most oddball I have carried for a CCW a 1919 built model 1903 but it still goes bang EVERY time

1903-6.jpg

I think I need a cold shower and a cigarette.  I had the day off and went to four gun shops and saw nothing like this.

Excuse me.  I need to find the wife.  She might be lucky tonight.

• Haha 2

Can’t say I’ve carried anything oddball myself...long time ago I ccw’d a LW Commander, then plethora of J-frame S&Ws (sometimes still do), Glock 19s and 23s, and even a Charter Arms .44 Bulldog but a friend of mine carried a S&W Mk II HE in .455 a few times, during fall in a leather OWB (covered by jacket)- that’s pretty out there IMO. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I began with a Ruger Redhawk 5 1/2 "  41 magnum.... Nice weapon but got heavy quickly.  So I tuned into Glock Talk for find out what Glocks were all about.   Then traded  another gun for a G2 G17,,,, And the rest is history,.

• 2 weeks later...