Georgia police defend tasing 87-year-old grandmother

pipedreams

8 hours ago, ASH said:

i heard she was fluent in jeet kung do   and had reflexes of a  sloth ,    i  think pretty much everyone not in LEO  in that town are laughing their asses off.  i mean 

whats the rule ive read  cover 21 feet in 3 seconds ?   if you cant handle a old woman turn in man card to the the right . you would think the florist  member would take her side lol

The Tueller Drill; a dedicated bad guy can cover 21 feet in a second and a half. A dedicated good guy can draw from concealment and fire in a second and a half.

A dedicated 87 YO grandma can cover 21 feet in 58 seconds.

You do the math.

:headscratch:

10 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I took a butcher knife away from a guy that was threatening me with it. Then kicked his ass. Also took a hookaroon away from a fellow worker that attacked me with it in a shingle mill. I should have beat him with the handle. I had a hold of the sharpened head that he had buried in my leg. Instead I threw it behind me and, wait for it, kicked his ass.

A real tough guy.  If you were a cop,, wait for it, you'd be brought up on civil rights violations.

I also find it excessive but apart from what we consider from the comfort of our homes, at the keyboard, it is a decision that an officer has to make to protect also himself and his fellow officers. My youngest son is a police officer and got both tasered and pepper sprayed. He found being pepper sprayed worse. Tasers lock the muscles into spasms and cause more pain, the more muscle mass there is, the worse it hurts and despite the fact that my son dead lifts 530 lbs, he found being maced much worse with also longer lasting side effects.  Also, when you consider the bone density of an 87 year old woman, a flying tackle might be worse than macing, or getting tasered.

I further think that the requirement for getting an immigrant visa should be that immigrants and recipients of work visas have to pass an English language proficiency test, it would eliminate the language barrier and raise the quality of life for immigrants, too. 

There is no possible reason, rationalization, excuse, or deference to policy or protocol that can justify the outrageous assault on this woman within the boundaries of her own property in violation of her Constitutional Right to go unimpeded, but even worse, to be accosted and attacked by an Officer of the Law on her own domain is an offense so grievous that only the most extreme measures are needed to balance the scales of justice.

The idiot that attacked her should be stripped of his authority, hastened to public place, and flogged until he loses consciousness. His goods, property and monetary assets should be transferred into the name of the offended citizen, and upon awakening, he should be stripped naked and forcefully driven beyond the boundaries of the community with a warning that should he return, the sheriff will be authorized to execute him on sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 8/21/2018 at 2:31 PM, C_Hallbert said:

There is no possible reason, rationalization, excuse, or deference to policy or protocol that can justify the outrageous assault on this woman within the boundaries of her own property in violation of her Constitutional Right to go unimpeded, but even worse, to be accosted and attacked by an Officer of the Law on her own domain is an offense so grievous that only the most extreme measures are needed to balance the scales of justice.

The idiot that attacked her should be stripped of his authority, hastened to public place, and flogged until he loses consciousness. His goods, property and monetary assets should be transferred into the name of the offended citizen, and upon awakening, he should be stripped naked and forcefully driven beyond the boundaries of the community with a warning that should he return, the sheriff will be authorized to execute him on sight.

If you quote me and have info that wasn't in the article, give the source, otherwise it has to be discredited. She was cited with criminal trespassing, do you understand what the difference to that and being tased "within the boundaries of her own property in violation of her Constitutional Right to go unimpeded"? Do you think that you are upholding the Constitution with your immature remark about stripping the officer naked and flogging him?

You are a loose cannon with impaired reading comprehension.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 3:31 PM, C_Hallbert said:

Then the officer will be charged and convicted of a Civil Rights violation.  We'll see what happens.  If it is so clear as it appears to be in your mind, almost as if you were there, then that will be reflected in the officer serving a long prison sentence.  Obviously you view yourself as The Punisher.  Executed on sight indeed.

On 8/21/2018 at 2:58 PM, TBO said:

One example of what a knife can do:

kunsan2.jpg?resize=640,452

TBO I hope you know from my posts on GT that I'm a supporter of LE and you will very rarely see me post in opposition to LE actions.  Yeah, that's an ugly picture, but I'll bet any amount of money the person who did that wasn't in his or her 80s or 70s, or even 60s.  Maybe 50s if that.

Given what you know about the situation would you have tased her?

If you quote me and have info that wasn't in the article, give the source, otherwise it has to be discredited. She was cited with criminal trespassing, do you understand what the difference to that and being tased "within the boundaries of her own property in violation of her Constitutional Right to go unimpeded"? Do you think that you are upholding the Constitution with your immature remark about stripping the officer naked and flogging him?

You are a loose cannon with impaired reading comprehension.

I admit that I was wrong, and from your comments it is clear that you have a loose tongue.....

Then the officer will be charged and convicted of a Civil Rights violation.  We'll see what happens.  If it is so clear as it appears to be in your mind, almost as if you were there, then that will be reflected in the officer serving a long prison sentence.  Obviously you view yourself as The Punisher.  Executed on sight indeed.

I am far too old to be a punisher; and after re-reading the information, i see that I was in error in regards to the old woman being in her own property. Tasing her was stupid, unjustified and unnecessary. My recommendation for a flogging still stands, but I amend it to allow the offending officer to have his job back after a public apology.

On 8/20/2018 at 8:29 PM, PATCHMAN said:

Behind the safety of a computer keyboard is always a good place to be.  I get it.   

After reading more posts since mine of 8/20/2018, I realized I should have said... behind a computer keyboard is always a safe place to be to tell others what to do.   

Edited by PATCHMAN
  • Like 1

Well, from the safety of my keyboard I think a bit more patience from the officers might of resolved the problem rather than elder abuse.

"According to a copy of the 911 call published by a television station, the club employee reported that he could see the woman on the property with a knife and that she did not appear to speak English. “She’s old, so she can’t get around too well,” he said.

“But she came at someone with a knife, right?” the dispatcher asked. “Or did she just have it?”

“She didn’t try to attack anybody or anything,” the employee said.It looks like she is walking around looking for something, vegetation to cut down or something. She has a bag, too.”"

https://newschannel9.com/news/local/who-is-the-87-year-old-woman-behind-this-chatsworth-police-mugshot

https://newschannel9.com/news/local/elderly-woman-tased-by-chatsworth-police-on-friday

• Like 1