Arrested for speeding (and being stupid)

XSIV4S

I've gone really fast many times and typically too fast on a regular basis (My brother once told me I needed an on/off switch instead of a gas pedal), but I have never been dumb enough to record it and put it on Facebook. What an idiot.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/08/17/north-carolina-police-arrest-198-mph-hellcat-speeder-seen-in-facebook-video.html

Before my dad passed away he had a Disabled Veteran/Bronze Star licence plate on his GNX.  He could be in reverse doing 198 through a school zone with 10 keys of coke on the passenger seat and two dead teenage hookers in the trunk and might get a stern warning. 

Don't ask me how I know.

• Administrators
On 8/17/2018 at 5:08 PM, Boogieman said:

Before my dad passed away he had a Disabled Veteran/Bronze Star licence plate on his GNX.  He could be in reverse doing 198 through a school zone with 10 keys of coke on the passenger seat and two dead teenage hookers in the trunk and might get a stern warning. 

Don't ask me how I know.

That works.....until it doesn't. 

The most understandable example is when a Vet is way out of line and runs into a cop that is a Vet.

• Like 1

I had my '94 vette up to 142 going down a long stretch of county road one afternoon. Then thought if a deer, raccoon or opossum came up out of the ditch I'd be in a world of hurt. If I stood on it long enough I might get 160+ out of it but have no desire to. Cant imagine hitting almost 200.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:02 PM, Lazy R said:

Bad things happen in the blink of an eye at 198.

290.4 feet per second.

How much distance in the blink of an eye, better part of a football field. 

At that speed it's not about speed or time... it's distance, in the blink of an eye. 

OODA

See a problem (deer, car, etc), Orientate (where it is/where you are) Decide what to do, Act on it.................... too late, at that speed you need a manually cleared ahead of time path, or it's tooooooooo late. 

ymmv

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I shouldn’t say this, because it puts innocent people in danger, but I LOVE people who drive this way.

They have paid for my house and both cars, made some of my friends on the defense side quite wealthy, put several of their kids through medical school, and have assured me of a comfortable retirement.