LEO dress code and use of military equip

GREYGHOST

I wore a green uniform for five years.  Then the Field Office Director mandated suits for office wear.  Undercover was another thing.  I went to Good Will, and got the most homeless looking beaters I could find and then proceeded to dirty them up as best I could.  I was told I was going to be the dumpster diver for evidence that day.  So,  a guy messing up a suit makes for amusing television, but it is kind of obvious.  You need to look the part.  So, I was a homeless guy with a concealed HK .40.  In an urban environment people expect to see dumpster divers.  It is amazing what evidence people just casually throw out.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:58 AM, Moshe said:

It is amazing what evidence people just casually throw out.

First place i look! 

People are creatures of habit.  Most of us do the same thing  regardless of the situation.   It's like running left or right depending on the  dominant hand when trying to escape the cops.     If they are left handed they are likely to break left.  If they are right, they break right.

At least that's my experience.

3 hours ago, Historian said:

First place i look! 

People are creatures of habit.  Most of us do the same thing  regardless of the situation.   It's like running left or right depending on the  dominant hand when trying to escape the cops.     If they are left handed they are likely to break left.  If they are right, they break right.

At least that's my experience.

I was used to hunting humans like animals by cutting their sign.  Unlike animals, they can be unpredictable.