How About an Off Roading Jeep Pic Thread...

deputy tom

Sold my Wrangler a couple of months ago.  All the good roads around here are gated off to anything over 50" wide, so it really was limited to just normal gravel roads and didn't make sense.

aIptCz8KdYbw2XyRFUjjoeqZdOVNbSc7Jme1Ge4VqIIpX92IB.jpg.fedaf88118c1538d8b1a124ea89da425.jpg

Replaced it with this, which I can take nearly everywhere in the woods...

BUjOHncytJOGbWROnxSMTKPhra9zEM-RhpZNP9EhnmYpX92IB.jpg.0f33522043305e857c703ba07d70986d.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

Sold my Wrangler a couple of months ago.  All the good roads around here are gated off to anything over 50" wide, so it really was limited to just normal gravel roads and didn't make sense.

aIptCz8KdYbw2XyRFUjjoeqZdOVNbSc7Jme1Ge4VqIIpX92IB.jpg.fedaf88118c1538d8b1a124ea89da425.jpg

Replaced it with this, which I can take nearly everywhere in the woods...

BUjOHncytJOGbWROnxSMTKPhra9zEM-RhpZNP9EhnmYpX92IB.jpg.0f33522043305e857c703ba07d70986d.jpg

I miss your old posts about that Wrangler. tom. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, deputy tom said:

I miss your old posts about that Wrangler. tom. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

I sold it to a family friend who had to have it and two days later it left him stranded for 8 hours when the float in the carb got a hole in it.  I would love to have a newer JK that rides nice(r) and is a bit more practical.  Maybe when the new Jeep pickup is released...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

I sold it to a family friend who had to have it and two days later it left him stranded for 8 hours when the float in the carb got a hole in it.  I would love to have a newer JK that rides nice(r) and is a bit more practical.  Maybe when the new Jeep pickup is released...

When I was a teenager I drove the service truck at the gas station where I worked. It was a gold Jeep Gladiator P/U and I loved that truck. He traded it for a Blazer. tom.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought me a Jeep this week. It was destiny. See, I had this little camper I bought for 2 grand a couple years ago, put a little work and money into, and just rarely used. Decided to sell it and maybe find an old YJ that wasn't total junk for 5 or 6 grand. So I list the camper for 3200 and the phone melts down. Sold it that night full price, had cash in my hand.

Next morning I jump on Craigslist, and a brand new ad shows up for a 99 TJ. Under 100,000 miles. $4400. I said no way and emailed them.

"Yes, our address is xxxx in Missoula. We're not coming down on the price cause we're getting lots of emails."

"I'll be there in an hour." Broke the speed limit.

The guy's had it for 8 years, put tires, new top, receiver hitch, full top luggage rack, radiator-alternator-water pump-PS pump on it. Never drove it. Looked at low book and listed for $400 lower to make it sell. I slapped leather and owned it right there. So, 48 hours after deciding to sell my camper I'm driving a Jeep for camper price plus $1200.

Put about 500 miles on it the last few days. Love this thing! 

578BCED4-034F-416D-9280-780C681F2BB0-L.j

8E0C4648-DA3E-45CC-AAFD-C5AFB00C1BAF-L.j

• Like 6