NFL

pipedreams

47 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

You’re great at being ignored....good job

It's sort of the way your comrade Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez ignores requests for a debate...because reasons...and stuff.  Not because she/you have no legitimate talking points.  It's just...well...you know...reasons and stuff.  lol

Edited by Boogieman

I think people forget what started this whole thing. Colin Kaepernick decided to sit on the bench during the anthem to protest the police. (later after consultation with someone he decided to kneel)

Kaepernick said,  "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

He also felt it appropriate to wear police "pig" socks at practice. 

You can argue whatever you want but the data does not support his protest.

Like I told my wife at the time, as a starting NFL QB he could have called a press conference and had at least a dozen reporters, including national reporters, attend to state his views on the subject. Instead he chose to **** on the people in this country who feel a passion about the flag and anthem. Now he is paying the price for that and the NFL is paying the price for it also. The NFL could have stopped it but they were afraid.

I had the NFL package on Directv since 1995. I dropped it last year. I didn't want to, it just became a choice of watching millionaires playing football, or watching millionaires protest society ills on my time and money supporting it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CincyRed said:

I think people forget what started this whole thing. Colin Kaepernick decided to sit on the bench during the anthem to protest the police. (later after consultation with someone he decided to kneel)

Kaepernick said,  "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Like I told my wife at the time, as a starting NFL QB he could have called a press conference and had at least a dozen reporters, including national reporters, attend to state his views on the subject. Instead he chose to **** on the people in this country who feel a passion about the flag and anthem. Now he is paying the price for that and the NFL is paying the price for it also. The NFL could have stopped it but they were afraid.

I had the NFL package on Directv since 1995. I dropped it last year. I didn't want to, it just became a choice of watching millionaires playing football, or watching millionaires protest society ills on my time and money supporting it.

I take a dump in his direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Losing the debate and trying to change the subject?  How Obama of you.

How Obama of you is your stock answer isn’t it? Like Reagan didn’t start up the reversal of the budget deficit? Lied on national Tv . Name me the last true conservative. 

11 minutes ago, Moeman said:

How Obama of you is your stock answer isn’t it? Like Reagan didn’t start up the reversal of the budget deficit? Lied on national Tv . Name me the last true conservative. 

Ignore him, I do

his mom probably didn’t make meatloaf today

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I’m curious...

what have you guys done?

charity work, donations, community volunteering.

anything?

or is ranting online your community service?

I served my country and my state in law enforcement was also in the army reserve. 

I have done everything from street patrol to holding down a chair at the local EOC.  I can not tell you how many hurricanes I have deployed to in my state or another.

My first four years in law enforcement were as a fully certified reserve police officer.  My shift partners were full-time.  I got paid to go to court.  There was no difference in the job or training.  Had to pay my way through the academy.  It was the best job I ever had.  Full-time pays the bills but is not as much fun.

On a smaller scale I am member of our local ARES emergency radio group and volunteered to go to Puerto Rico after Maria slammed the island (didn't get called up).

In addition I am a state officer for the Knights of Columbus, a past council grand knight, and faithful navigator.   I have raised over $60,000 for charity within my community over the last five years.   I deliver food to the hungry, hold a regular holiday food drive, put shoes on kid's feet and even manage a basketball free throw challenge.  Over the last year and my direction my council's men performed over 3,000 hours of charitable work.  Including a special olympics golf tournament and a very special tournament that raises money for A Woman's Answer.  A charity that encourages LIFE rather than abortion.   You can also find me praying in front of the local abortion mill.  I have seriously considered becoming a deacon within the church.  I'm getting a little too old for full priesthood (Catholic men who are married can become priests.  You have to get the order right.  Marriage then ordination.  Otherwise it could get lonely).

I have recruited at least 50 new men to this fraternal order.  They do the same kind of work.  Some more than others.  But you can imagine the 1000s of hours they produce every year.  We don't get a dime for it.

I am also the president of my church's stewardship council representing 5,000 members.  We're a big church.  I have organized a twice a year blood drive. 

My wife brings the Eucharist to a nursing home every Sunday.  She has twice been on a medical mission to Haiti. We have both mentored those interested through a six month program to enter the church called The Right of Christian Initiation.   I have personally funded over 600 Chinese language Bibles that have been brought into the country.

I have tutored kids in history and English.  I have worked in teaching with an organization called Gigi's Play House.  I have taught first aid and very basic self defense to the girl scouts and volunteered to teach marksmanship to boy scouts from around the country.  Can't tell you how much work I've done for the NRA or Appleseed programs.

I am normally accused after the second beer of being an actual historian.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Moeman said:

Speaking the truth about your messiah Obama is the quickest way to trigger his most virulent apologist.

Trollface_gif_by_senorhankey-d4xz91x.gif

1 hour ago, GeorgiaGlocker said:

I don't watch any professional sports. I have had it with all of them. I do enjoy college football.

Here in Texas high school football is bigger than college or pro.  I don't think any of the high school stadiums hold less than 10k.  Some almost 20k.

On 8/14/2018 at 8:30 PM, Dric902 said:

There are good and bad people in everything.

wrestling has made an industry of fake bad guys and fake good guys.

any sport can be criticized if you look deep enough into the microscope. 

The good outweighs the bad by far, but people focus on the hot topic of the day. Standing next to the guy that is taking a knee is a good man that has a children’s cancer charity. 

J. J. Watt has raised millions for hurricane relief........but my faux outrage is fun. 

if some choose to ignore the 95% of great things to focus on an idiots. Then they are the losers.

Are you saying the players kneeling during the National Anthem are bad?  Are you saying that they're pretending to be bad, to get attention?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CincyRed said:

Well put, my man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2018 at 5:24 PM, Silentpoet said:

They have every right to choose to not get my money.  The turning point for me was seeing two faced Jerry Jones trying to have it both ways last year.  **** them all.  I refuse to participate in their show.

Well put SP.

• Like 1

As I said on the other forum: I won't stop watching football for the same reason I don't let terrorists keep me from boarding a plane, or mass shooters keep me from going to the mall.

If I let a few ignorant idiots ruin one of the two sports I regularly watch, then they win.  Not me.

Five generations of football is instilled in my family.  My great-grandfather, grandfather, father, me, and my nephew.  The time I spend with my family and friends watching football far exceeds my desire to protest a game that's only on once a week for 16 weeks a year.

For those few of you that can't seem to grasp the concept of a few people out of a thousand not being an accurate representation of the sport, then why don't you apply that same logic to all sports.

The Olympics is full of Liberals from all walks of life.  As is evident because they pissed you off enough to the point that you actually got the first Winter Olympics thread locked back on GT.  I had to start a second one and BEG you people not to mess it up.

The Golden State Warriors are a bunch of headcases, they hate Trump, and are ALL flaming Liberals.  Am I supposed to judge the entire NBA based on them?  I sure as hell don't like that team, nor do I agree with any of their views.

But it's good to know that supposed "Patriots" allow Liberals and "Unamerican" people dictate what you do with your life.  Good for you.  You're obviously much happier watching soccer players flop and run in circles.  I guess you'd rather watch a European sport than an American one.  Have fun with that.

And let's not forget NASCAR's brilliant contributions to Patriotism....

nascarflag_38516181_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

It's also kind of hard for me to take your patriotism seriously when you wrap the flag around your fat nasty thighs and ass....

479471634.jpg?w=960&h=540&fit=crop&crop=

Or how about around your.....junk....

Quality-Brand-Men-American-Flag-printing

Or how about Seth Rich?  He was a staunch Democrat....and I know how much you folks LOVE Democrats.....

y7w3qtx1kcqy.jpg

.....oh, wait, that's right.....he's a friend of Republicans everywhere because he was killed by Hillary....right?

Anything to fit a narrative.

You all are indeed free to watch what you wish, and do what you want.  God bless you for it.  Your Rights as Americans.

But I find it very sad that less than 1% of of the total number of NFL players keeps you from enjoying football.  Even more sad that you choose to ignore the rest of the disrespectful and cheap display of our sacred symbol in this country by the thousands every day, or make it fit whatever narrative you want it to.

What are you going to do when it spreads to more things that you care about?

Do you boycott movies?  Television?  Music?

What about if your American flag is made in China, or some other shithole country?

Or displayed next to that of a dictatorship?

692331-kim-trump-north-korea-flags.jpg

Yeah, I've got a HUGE problem with that one.  My grandfather signed up with the Army to earn his citizenship, fought in Korea, and was decorated for Valor.  So I don't approve of that at all.

It would seem to me that if you're going to boycott one, then you should boycott all of it.  So you boycott the NFL all you want.  But, to me, there are MANY other far more disrespectful things occurring in this country daily than 14 ignorant idiots who want 2 minutes of attention once a week.

For me, it's about priorities.  My priorities are being happy and spending time with my friends and family once a week.  I refuse to let some idiot kneeling spoil that for me.

In the meantime, I'll show my patriotism whenever I can, stand respectfully if they show the national anthem, and save my boycotts and protests for the voting booth.

And yes.....Roger Goodell is THE worst Commissioner the NFL has EVER had.  This league will immediately be 50-times better the moment he is kicked out or steps down from his position.

• Like 1