NFL

pipedreams

9 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Currently my wife and I do volunteering at the hospice house is that ok?

Good, that’s great.......

...but there is a guy at your workplace that took a knee. So your a thug. Anything you do or have done I’m gonna dismiss because your boss didn’t run out of the office and fire him on the spot. You’ve done nothing, your an overpaid punk....because he is an overpaid punk

see, he **** in your bucket, his is rotten in your barrel..so your nothing but a thug that should be fired and your business should go bankrupt.

is that ok?

Marshawn Lynch took a knee and six trainers surrounded him so the press couldn’t get any pics or footage.....naw, they are punks too, right?

you can focus on Lynch and write off the whole sport, I’ll pat the trainers on the back and buy them a beer.

next week there will be 15 trainers around him.

thats how you change things

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

I’m curious...

what have you guys done?

charity work, donations, community volunteering.

anything?

or is ranting online your community service?

I served my country. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

I served my country. 

So did I.

same answer.

(we need post numbers)

Im gonna have to work up a blog post about marketing protests and effective activism.

I’ll copy it here,

Edited by Dric902

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I’m curious...

what have you guys done?

anything?

I fail to see your point. My community service is my business, and has nothing to do with my disapproval of others publicly disrespecting the flag. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lazy R said:

I fail to see your point. My community service is my business, and has nothing to do with my disapproval of others publicly disrespecting the flag. 

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

...but there is a guy at your workplace that took a knee. So your a thug. Anything you do or have done I’m gonna dismiss because your boss didn’t run out of the office and fire him on the spot. You’ve done nothing, your an overpaid punk....because he is an overpaid punk

see, he **** in your bucket, his is rotten in your barrel..so your nothing but a thug that should be fired and your business should go bankrupt.

is that ok?

Marshawn Lynch took a knee and six trainers surrounded him so the press couldn’t get any pics or footage.....naw, they are punks too, right?

you can focus on Lynch and write off the whole sport, I’ll pat the trainers on the back and buy them a beer.

3 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I’m curious...

what have you guys done?

anything?

I work child welfare.  I got up early this morning to do a drug screen and transport a dad about an hour and half away for a visit with his child.  Last week I made run to Walmart at 3pm on a Friday(if you live in a small town you will understand) to make sure a kid had school supplies with my own money.  I spent pretty much most of Monday and Tuesday with a group of siblings arranging various aspects of their care.  I do plenty of community service.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eric said:

You are entitled to your opinions, but just because others don't agree with you doesn't make them losers. Such incendiary blanket comments have no place in a reasonable discussion.

The NFL, as an institution, has decided to indulge these jackasses. I don't give a **** what they are protesting. They are doing so on our time and they are pissing on a fundamental, time-honored institution of our nation to do so. What they are doing is wrong for several reasons and it frightens and disappoints me that so many Americans either don't seem to see or don't care about what these protests say about the protestors, nor the damage it does to our society.

Believe what you like. For me, I am done with the NFL, now and forever.

Agreed! I am only one person but will never watch NFL again.  I don't turn on the TV to watch some fool protest on the tube. They are, however, welcome to buy a soap box, set it up on a busy street corner and bitch all they want.  Besides, college ball is much more fun to watch.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Dric902 said:

So did I.

same answer.

(we need post numbers)

Im gonna have to work up a blog post about marketing protests and effective activism.

I’ll copy it here,

I think you are missing the point. There is a time and a place for everything. They have no right to use a game they are paid to play and we are tuned in to watch, to protest anything. Then for them to show disrespect to the national anthem for their purpose? And the icing on the cake is the spineless NFL allowing this crap to occur. 

At any rate, if they want to effect some meaningful change, perhaps they should be protesting the criminals, rather than the police trying to do their jobs. 

This situation is a bad joke.

• Like 2

It seems like a very simple matter is being greatly over complicated. We all have causes and concerns (One of which for me is their anti American and anti police behavior). I think what this needs is a little perspective.

"Tommy the burger flipper at the local Mcdonalds gladly took the job and gladly cashes his paycheck for doing the job. However he has decided that "ALL" police are corrupt and it needs to be protested; so now, each time he finishes packing up your lunchtime meal he takes a knee to hand it to you."

Most of us have bosses and we get paid to do a job and represent that company's values and when we stop doing that or slip up badly, we get fired. It's really pretty damn simple.

7 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

I do all of the above, and I certainly am not rich.

5 hours ago, Dric902 said:

is that ok?

5 hours ago, Dric902 said:

is that ok?

Are you sure your ok?

I don't have a clue what your rambling about and really don't want to know.

My wife and I are both retired after successful careers and have time to volunteer but what does that have to do with the subject of national pride and thugs not having any?  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Citra47 said:

Agreed! I am only one person but will never watch NFL again.  I don't turn on the TV to watch some fool protest on the tube. They are, however, welcome to buy a soap box, set it up on a busy street corner and bitch all they want.  Besides, college ball is much more fun to watch.

I may eventually support the NFL.  But not so long as any kneeler, whether a player or not, is associated in any way with the league.  That means you Jerry Jones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

Are you sure your ok?

I don't have a clue what your rambling about and really don't want to know.

My wife and I are both retired after successful careers and have time to volunteer but what does that have to do with the subject of national pride and thugs not having any?  

It appears as though someone here believe that they are entitled to determine the validity of your actions and opinions.  

15 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

It appears as though someone here believe that they are entitled to determine the validity of your actions and opinions.  

It appears that some here use a very broad brush for others, while expecting a fine point used on themselves

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

It appears that some here use a very broad brush for others, while expecting a fine point used on themselves

It appears that some here rely on metaphor when they can't properly defend their anti American comments.   ?

You just keep trying and I'll keep smacking down your silly willy attempts to be all cool and edgy and stuff.

21 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

You also seem to judge a persons worth by charitable donations.  So by your estimation the Clinton's should be beyond reproach?  They do after all funnel a small percentage of their foundations donations to good causes.  And that should make op for the misuse of the vast majority of the assets...right?  I mean that small percentage is still million of dollars...right?  And that should overshadow all of their crimes and atrocities...right?  Because reasons...right?

Hitler did unify the German people.  That makes up for everything...right?

Bill Cosby put a lot of kids through college.  That makes all those rapes OK...right?

Your messiah Barack Obama gave $190K to children's charities.  Is that why you constantly speak so highly of him?

How much good makes up for lot of evil.  And why do you feel entitled to make that decree?