Ghost Edge 3.5 or Glock OEM "-" Connector?

minderasr

I've never used an aftermarket connector on a Gen 5.  The only Gen 5 guns I have I do occasionally carry and am pretty happy with the triggers as they are for self-defense guns.  In a Gen 4 Glock 17, I tried the Ghost Edge and wasn't impressed. The trigger pull felt different but not really better. I don't know how to describe it.  It just didn't work for me.   I've tried several different aftermarket connectors for range guns and still prefer the Glock OEM minus connector.

• 3 months later...
On 8/12/2018 at 8:16 AM, minderasr said:

This is to be used for EDC...eventually.  I'm not looking to make it more reliable.  I'm looking to reduce trigger pull somewhat.

For carry guns the usual recommendation is keep everything internal OEM.  

As for reducing trigger pull, not something most people try to do for a carry gun from what I've read, but certainly if you want to do it it's up to you.  The glock OEM "-" connector is probably the most I'd reduce it though, for safety and liability reasons.  

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:16 AM, minderasr said:

This is to be used for EDC...eventually.  I'm not looking to make it more reliable.  I'm looking to reduce trigger pull somewhat.

Making it more reliable is not necessary but making it less reliable is a mistake. When I first started carrying a gun it was a revolver. I always shot it single action because the trigger pull was so much lighter and I was more accurate with the gun shooting it that way. But eventually I wanted to be able to shoot as accurately double action as I was able to do single action and all it took was a lot of practice. I first practiced with a 22 rimfire revolver and the started reloading for my carry gun.

The same is true with the Glock. With enough practice you can shoot a Glock with the factory trigger as good as you can shoot any gun. And that amount of practice  builds muscle memory so that operation of the gun becomes 100% instinctive under stress.