FLYING MIS-ADVENTURES

crossmember

4 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

If a boat ever falls out of the air, someone did something very, very wrong.  :anim_lol:

Drink some beers with the wings.  It's amazing how many good-sounding ideas are generated between two guys drinking enough beer.

I will have you know that my best ideas come when my co-workers and I are drinking scotch not beer.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, willie-pete said:

What force(s) could retard or accelerate either?

For an overly large gentleman, such as myself, I am sure wind resistance plays a role in slowing me down. It sure does on my motorcycle

:whistling:

Works on snow machines too. A hundred plus across the frozen lake. Approaching the brush line. Release the loud handle and stand up.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 2:49 PM, tous said:

Yeah, them danged pilots never give us enough credit for the voodoo.

Well if y'all'd stop with the pilot voodoo dolls.......

On 8/21/2018 at 11:27 PM, KWalrad said:

That's some deep guano, Amigo. You could give me a thousand years and spot me a vowel and I still couldn't come up with a response other than "Purple".

I don't even particularly care for Purple. Nothing rhymes with "Purple".

Nurple?

On 8/22/2018 at 3:43 PM, janice6 said:

A last comment:

One of the reasons that the military/government goes with the "big guys", is that the excuse of "questionable ability to perform".  On a Billion Dollar program it's used to "down select" contractors.  On one program I remember Honeybits bid a avionics system that was performance far in excess of the stated RFP requirement (and the MIL-STD requirement for the avionics), and they were banned from the competition with the statement, "They  didn't understand the requirements".  I knew their design and it's a long story.

My point is, that the perception of meeting program timetables sometimes is more worrysome to the military than the cost.  They are afraid of Congress breathing down their necks.

I think that's what happened to Willys.  They designed the Jeep, but Ford got to make it because Willys (it was feared) couldn't keep up.  Willys got to make a neat little trailer though.

On 8/22/2018 at 5:17 PM, tous said:

Good thinking.

You, sir, are now in charge of armament.

Think unlimited energy, but limited dimensions.

And, yes, we can make room for a GAU-8.

:599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

Before you ask, yes, the space plane does have a hook.

Fun to think about.  :biggrin:

Don't forget to bring a Ma Deuce.  NEVER leave your home planet without a Ma Deuce.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Don't forget to bring a Ma Deuce.  NEVER leave your home planet without a Ma Deuce.

While a Ma Deuce is a nice backup gun, it should never be the primary armament.  I mean at the very least you need a half dozen.  But primary needs to be 105 or larger.  

7 hours ago, jilverthor said:

While a Ma Deuce is a nice backup gun, it should never be the primary armament.  I mean at the very least you need a half dozen.  But primary needs to be 105 or larger.  

This is what I was thinking for primary armament:

10mm-Auto-Glock-20.jpg

Is it too much?