FLYING MIS-ADVENTURES

crossmember

1 minute ago, tous said:

Good thinking.

You, sir, are now in charge of armament.

Think unlimited energy, but limited dimensions.

And, yes, we can make room for a GAU-8.

:599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

Before you ask, yes, the space plane does have a hook.

Fun to think about.  :biggrin:

But I keep getting told that the GAU-8 it is irrelevant in modern combat.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jilverthor said:

And do we need to be considering space pirates with this design?  It seems like a compliment of Space Force personnel to defend against potential boarding parties might be wise.

I think we identified the problem in a different thread.  Since we know what to look for we just have to activate the new Space Force.

image.png.deddf90eedd67f9b055838b46bee9a46.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tous said:

Who said that Space Pirates are modern?

You want a GAU-8, we install a GAU-8.

Until you said this I had been considering autonomous sharks with frickin' laser beams, but you raise a good point.

I am still concerned about the corrosive gasses from the ammunition (Not wanting to go for Republic/GE's trick of just turning the igniters back on), and if I am to be honest the weight of stores considering it might be a while till we receive resupply.  I am considering a modified design of a pulsed gatling laser system that could be powered by a reactor.  As an added benefit, it should also help with minimizing damage from space debris.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jilverthor said:

“This manual will really change our thinking on the way we think about thinking outside the box,” said Guisler. “Hooah.”

The Marine Corps also experimented with a similar doctrine, but officials later realized Marines kept eating the box.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The good news is, the inertial dampening system has been constructed and thoroughly tested.

The crew will remain comfortably moist during normal operations.

However, we're still working on the inertial damping system, so the crew still risks ending up as red blotches on aft bulkheads during acceleration.

Oh, and we still haven't decided on the color of shirts for dispensible crew.

• Like 3

Just now, tous said:

However, we're still working on the inertial damping system, so the crew still risks ending up as red blotches on aft bulkheads during acceleration.

Oh, and we still haven't decided on the color of shirts for dispensible crew.?

Is there any option other than red?  Or is this one of those meetings where we argue which shade of red would be appropriate?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, jilverthor said:

Is there any option other than red?  Or is this one of those meetings where we argue which shade of red would be appropriate?

I vote for blood colored red, that way it won't be as obvious when uniforms are passed on to new members as to what happened to the previous occupant...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cougar_ml said:

I vote for blood colored red, that way it won't be as obvious when uniforms are passed on to new members as to what happened to the previous occupant...

I vote for Burgundy.  Oh wait, have we passed on from the drink selection vote already?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jilverthor said:

I vote for Burgundy.  Oh wait, have we passed on from the drink selection vote already?

Good point, we should also make sure any wines served to the disposable personnel also matches their uniforms as well to minimize cleaning expenses.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tous said:

The good news is, the inertial dampening system has been constructed and thoroughly tested.

The crew will remain comfortably moist during normal operations.

Oh, and we still haven't decided on the color of shirts for dispensible crew.

I agree with the Red.  In Star Trek the new Red Shirt guy is always the first to go.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

My all time favorite Shul story.

"Of course, by now the story included kids falling off the tower and screaming as the heat of the jet singed their eyebrows"

:anim_rofl2:

152 in that bird is frightening just thinking of it let alone having been in the plane.

• Like 2