Harry's shave club - anyone tried it?

Big Dog Dad

I generally shave with high end clippers.  I don't like razor blades on my face.   

That being said I haven't had a fully shaved face in 18 years.  

I've been out of the shaving game for so long I don't know much about these razor clubs.    I know like a few others have mentioned I suffer from multi blade cartridge clogging.    I can't grow a beard in a day but it's pretty damn close.   Italian lineage.  

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:51 PM, Big Dog Dad said:

I was wondering through Wally World the other day, enjoying the genetic experiment that are some of the shoppers. I noticed they were selling a starter pack of Harry's shave club pack of one handle and two five blade cartridges for a really low price. I normally use a Gillette power fusion razor, but the cartridges are getting expensive. OK, I'll try the Harry's shave club razor. How bad could it be? Answer - really bad. I would have been better off trying to use my Dewalt router with a dull dovetail bit. The old saying "you get what you pay for" is very true here. I'm not sure how this crap managed such razor burn and nicks on a new blade, but it was terrible. It is taking a trip to the trash can. If you are thinking of trying one, save your money and buy a couple sheets of 60 grit emory cloth. You get a more comfortable shave.

-=BDD=-

Kamisori Razors or bust...

image.png.ad357f67fe2e7d55de08776cd8ac9e0b.png

3 hours ago, Glocks4Freedom said:

Kamisori Razors or bust...

image.png.ad357f67fe2e7d55de08776cd8ac9e0b.png

I'm bleeding from Harry's shave club 5 blade razor - I can't imagine how much blood I would lose if I tried that. If I ever wanted to commit suicide, that would make it very easy. Is that the razor you use? 

-=BDD=-

1 hour ago, Big Dog Dad said:

I'm bleeding from Harry's shave club 5 blade razor - I can't imagine how much blood I would lose if I tried that. If I ever wanted to commit suicide, that would make it very easy. Is that the razor you use? 

-=BDD=-

Nope.  Sometimes when I'm feeling nostalgic I'll shave with a straight razor.  I have a bunch I inherited when Dad died.  It's neat that even though some are well over 100 yrs old they strap right up to an incredible edge.  The technology was perfected well over a century ago and with care will last several lifetimes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2018 at 1:22 PM, SC Tiger said:

Four blade.  I honestly didn't know they make a 2 blade setup.  It was a gift from my wife.

I don't have issues with it clogging though.

I looked at their site and I cannot find any 2-blade razors.

I ordered four of the four blade cartridges.

No clogging and it seems to do a good job. DSC's handle and cartridges are a lot more substantially made than I expected.

So far, I don't like it as much as Mach 3, but I'll keep going to give it a fair shot. I like the smaller three-blade head.

On 8/8/2018 at 5:46 PM, TX OMFS said:
On 8/7/2018 at 7:56 PM, Boogieman said:
So the new razor didn't leave your legs silky smooth?

Yeah but I didn't care. It was your sister. She wouldn't stop complaining.

It's a good thing it wasn't my sister. That girl's got a bush that would choke a mule.

Don't ask me how I know.

Really. Don't.