What is the most beautiful firearm ever made?

Rabbi

On 8/24/2017 at 7:30 PM, Jason D said:

Neither of these are mine, but they do deserve a mention.

Colt_SAA_F.jpg

d1e94d81fef7af81bae4cd0019d78767--post-apocalyptic-trench.jpg

Couldn't figure out how to edit out the bottom picture. I'm going to steal this picture and add another vote for the Colt SA 45. I'm also partial to the M14. As far as 1911s go, I like simple, therefore an old Colt .45 1911 (maybe one day I'll own one). I love my GLOCKS, but lets face it, that beauty is found beneath the skin.

What's pretty to me may not be pretty to you.

Form, fit or function.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  

I see lots of wood stocks on this thread, and I have to admit that I much prefer a nicely cleaned up wood stock to an engraved firearm, but when they are combined, IMHO it is art at it's finest.  I love a nice 1911 and I love it when any of my Glocks go bang.  But, I have to admit that for me, some of the most eye catching firearms are revolvers.  I was going to post a picture of something from S&W's performance center until I realized how similar they were to the crown jewels of my collection.

Function and fit: Midrange 1911 and high powered subcompact Glock 29 (along with an Ek Commando).

1911G29b.jpg  

Form: A plain old vanilla Ruger Match Champion with Pachmayr grips.

matchChampionCropMed.jpg  

Edited by minervadoe
doh!!
  • Thanks 1

I'm nowhere near qualified to hazard a guess about the most beautiful firearm ever made, but I'd say the most beautiful one I own is my 6" Python, a gift from my hubby so it has great sentimental value as well.  (I have no idea why the photo rotated when I uploaded it here.  On my computer it's shown turned a quarter-turn as it should be.)

python.thumb.JPG.3e368d53a859a9198c78c62d47e34d8b.JPG

• Like 2

Sig-AmtMine.JPG

I had a chance to buy a very similar setup as a rookie cop but had no idea what I turned down, a fellow cop had a similar setup to what is pictured and wanted 1200.00  1983 dollars.

He was was strapped for cash, I passed the deal to my room mate at the time, he still has it.

He has mentioned selling it to me when we are drinking just to screw with me i'm sure.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

I am a huge fan of many firearms but when it comes to beauty and aesthetics, a Beretta SO-5 for me. Nearly all of them have exhibition grade, rich walnut, handmade sidelock, and tasteful engraving as I’m not a fan of heavily-engraved firearms.