.308/7.62 AR Fans Sound Off

Eric

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:54 PM, Eric said:

Let's see your 7.62 NATO AR rifles. I have always been a fan of the caliber, since carrying a M-14 in the Army. As much as I have always loved the M-14, over the years, I think I have come to love the 7.62 AR even more. Here is my Bushmaster.

MyBush1.thumb.JPG.c1594ee9fb12aa9608fc6145f166c602.JPG

MyBush2.thumb.JPG.b8edf825a2c4c24bbdaec6d6f275925a.JPG

MyBush3.thumb.JPG.0d62134b565317616e73acca7c54a527.JPG

How do you like that optic Eric?

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Okay, I have to ask:  What happened to the M-14 SOCOM II.  They seem to have evaporated.  I have been Jonesing for one for awhile.  As a Kid I liked the M-14, as it was iconic.  But, I like the idea of the II, shorter, same around, and you can have fun with the stock.

Well it appears that the SOCOM II has pretty much gone the way of the Dodo.  The new thing is the M-14 CQB.  Less weight, and with the comp, a hellacious amount of noise I would suppose.  Then I thought about the Daniel Defense Ambush.  Then I looked t the Desert Tech .308  MDR and didn't care for it.  But, it will probably be as much as the Tavor 7 when it is released.    I know it is probably a misnomer to think of a short platform that is semi-auto that is accurate.  For me 6.5CM and .308 are for reaching out and touching something.  

I am pulling out what little hair I have after my haircut.  I am looking for a .308 that doesn't way a ton but does its job and reaches out and touches.  I know I am not going to get the distance out of the 6.5CM, but having four .556 AR's, a 6.5CM, I would be remiss without a .308 semi-auto as well.  

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2019 at 11:42 AM, Moshe said:

The evidence of the firearm would give you away.

You have to sneak it into the back of the safe.  Then when you take it out it goes right into a case.  When she finally sees it months or years later (if you do it right), you say "That? I've had that forever."

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:46 PM, jk_226 said:

You have to sneak it into the back of the safe.  Then when you take it out it goes right into a case.  When she finally sees it months or years later (if you do it right), you say "That? I've had that forever."

My wife likes to do the finances.  Playing with numbers is her thing.  When her blood pressure was ranging too low, I would tell her I went out and bought a Tavor 7 just get that heart rate and blood pressure up.  She insists on finances, but it always pisses her off.  Which lately, I consider a good thing.  Not for the sake of being a bastard, but for the sake of being a mensch.  I did it out of love.  After much consideration of the stupid BATFE and their don't touch your brace to your shoulder nonsense, I have developed an fascination with bullpups.  It is like have an SBR, and you can touch it to your shoulder, and theory get the same accuracy.  I noticed that with the old school .223 bullpup with the donut of death, it did its job 100 yards out.  It is like a Glock that shoots .223.  The one's without the donut of death are tempting.  But, so is the X95 for that matter.  I thought I would go with the 7 this time around as their are 4 AR-15's lingering around here. That is Including Colt who irritated me with we won't sell to the public anymore.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I will be getting Springfield Socom II .308 with a folding stock.  All and all folded, it should take up about as much room as the glacially moving Tavor 7's. in a Grey Man backpack.  My question, being new to the .308 what type of bullets does it like to eat reliably?  I feed my 6.5 Creed a diet of Hornady ELD's for accuracy.   The Socom II is the older set up with the cluster rails.  I like more rails.  For instance putting on a light laser combo on the front, and maybe a Zeis that allows CQB and distance simultaneously.  A foregrip, and an 50 round X-Drum.   

• 3 months later...

I totally forgot about my Colt 901 that I bought for relatively cheap price from a guy at work. That gun was and is rather underwhelming. 

I didn’t even bother to put a cheap red dot on it much less anything else. 

08730941-AD56-40CF-A7C2-8017196064A5.thumb.jpeg.b6873d2ab1a8cb46519a08f3cac866a9.jpeg

Edited by Fnfalman