Sign in to follow this  
minderasr

Gen 5 Glock 19

40 minutes ago, minderasr said:

Just submitted the paperwork for a new gen 5 G19 to be added to my permit.  Clerk said 2-4 week wait.  >:(

I hate New York.  #FUAC

The wait begins.

You need to move to the free world.

• Like 2

I remember those days may still have a spare purchase permit laying around. Left there 40 years ago and to this day the only thing I miss is Pizza.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Glocks4Freedom said:

You need to move to the free world.

Roughly four and a half more years until I can do so.  But that is the plan.  I hate wishing my life away, but I'm counting the days.

• Like 1

Congrats. I haven’t tried the G5 yet. I want to. I have a G4.

And I like the Stealth Gear products. I Have a few.

And I know what you mean. I don’t like counting away my time either. But I can retire in 692 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Congratulations and thank you for going though this. One of the reasons those reprobates enact such laws, outside of the gradual outlawing of guns altogether is to discorage good peope from being armed. In this way they can create a people totally dependent upon the state. 

Are you alowed to own standard capacity mags?

Keep on keeping on. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Will Beararms said:

Are you alowed to own standard capacity mags?

Unfortunately no.  In The People's Republik of New York standard capacity magazines are known as high capacity magazines.  I'm limited to 10 rounders.

On 8/4/2018 at 4:23 PM, minderasr said:

Unfortunately no.  In The People's Republik of New York standard capacity magazines are known as high capacity magazines.  I'm limited to 10 rounders.

The Clinton era "assault weapons ban" and it accompanying 10 round mag limit gave us the G26 and other subcompacts.  I can't see any similar good consequences coming out of dumb state laws like those of NY and CA.

It basically forces you to carry extra magazines.  Stupid law which does nothing to stop crime in any way shape or form.

• Like 1

As a citizen of your neighbor, the PRNJ, I feel your pain with the process of exercising our constitutional rights around these parts. I also have a 19.5 and love it. At least it will be worth the wait. I’m considering a second as a spare on the one pistol permit I currently have left.

Roughly four and a half more years until I can do so.  But that is the plan.  I hate wishing my life away, but I'm counting the days.

Can you carry a pistol in NYS?

9 hours ago, t4terrific said:

Can you carry a pistol in NYS?

With a permit from the county where you reside, yes.  But there is no continuity between the counties.  Some issue full carry, some restrict you to hunting/target.  I'm fortunate enough to live in a county that allows me to exercise my constitutional rights (full carry).  However my permit does NOT allow me to carry in NYC.

With a permit from the county where you reside, yes.  But there is no continuity between the counties.  Some issue full carry, some restrict you to hunting/target.  I'm fortunate enough to live in a county that allows me to exercise my constitutional rights (full carry).  However my permit does NOT allow me to carry in NYC.

In which county do you live?

Put 200 rounds through it yesterday.  It's definitely a shooter.  The trigger was better than I expected (based on my gen 3 experience).  But I'm a HUGE fan of the Apex Action Enhancement kits...so I ordered one.

My only issue is the half moon opening which is supposed to make pulling out magazines easier.  It's irritating to the pinky.  So I ordered some Pearce magazine plates to fill the gap.

Next on the list, replace the crappy stock sights.