Old Service Stations

Eric

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

I worked in a gas station when much younger and if you can not fill your on tank with gas then you should not be driving!

Just my opinion.

Or you could move to Oregon. 

• Haha 2

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was young, we always bought our gas at a "cut-rate" station.  Then the first gas crisis came along and obliterated the independents.

My father's constant phrase was, " Fill 'er up and check the oil".  We never changed oil or filters until I burned out the engine in the '46 Chrysler, that went dry at 100 mph.  Not my fault, we were racing.

Edited by janice6

• 2 weeks later...

In mid 1972 I had just got out of the Army and started as a police officer in the bay area, I was passing through Oregon along the coast highway and stopped for gas in southern Oregon (where you can't pump your own gas) in my 1969 AMX.  The attendant at the gas station became irate because he couldn't get the cover open for my gas tank, he was trying to pry the ornamental chrome ring on the "C" pillar open because he thought that was where the gas filler was, he didn't want to believe me that the filler was behind the license plate.  He went so far as to accuse me of having the filler moved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...