HK USP-c.....Still Relevant today?

Brasso

It’s not obsolete by any means.

It’s still a perfectly functional firearm.  

My 1911, Sig P226, Beretta 92, and S&W revolvers are not obsolete either, they are just not within the current trends of polymer frame, striker fired handguns.

• Like 1

You forgot the P-2000Sk?

Actually, the USP in all variants is still a reliable and robust handgun. It it overbuilt and subsequently larger than it needs to be, but if one wants one polymer pistol to get through a lifetime, that would be on my short list. 

• Like 1

The USP series are exceptionally durable pistols and designed for reliability. The trigger action has a few options and the controls are easily changed to suit the user. If the most important quality of a self defense gun is absolute reliability this gun is one of the best. If weight and reduced size are more important to some, then this design is showing its age.

23036855233_2cd93c1da0_b.jpg[/url]

• Like 1

HK's are inarguably very well made guns, but I've never liked DA/SA guns no matter how well made.  HK's also tend to be overly large heavy guns, OK for a duty gun but not for concealed carry . My favorite HK of all time was the P7 squeeze-cocker. The P30sk is closer to the size of a G26 and is available in DAO but after a couple of years of learning to use the Glock trigger the Glock is now my preferred platform. Before that it was the 1911 and before that it was the Revolver. Some of the other striker fired guns have better ergonomics than the Glock, but if the grip doesn't fit your hand, make you hand fit the grip.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

USPs still function exactly like they did 23 or so years ago when they were first marketed. Twenty three may be old in dog years but how many here own one or more guns built from designs that go back 50 or 100 years? 

Is a double action revolver irrelevant?

A single action revolver?

A bolt action rifle?

Edited by G26S239

• 2 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, Brasso said:

cOr has it been made obsolete with the P30sk and VP9sk?

I am not a fan of the striker style of HK's.  I like having a hammer, that gives me options.  The two I own (stainless slides), personal favorites,  I can carry cocked and locked in a holster.  Or, I can go double/single.  I like options.  Striker fired, is just that, striker fired.  The only reason I am selling one on the forums, is because my wife made off with the Colt Defender, I am tricking out for her.  I already put a Crimson Trace Green laser on it, ordered an ambi safety, night sights, Wilson combat magazines, Crossbreed holster, and magazine carrier.  So, I am selling the hers our the his and hers (stainless) V1, because she decided it was too think for her wardrobe.  I dress around the gun.  I weigh about 185 and close to 6 feet.  I may look like a skeleton in a baggy clothes, but the firearm and magazines are concealed.  I could carry my G-40 MOS with light and RMR OWB, and still conceal it.  I am not a clothes hound.  I like easy, comfortable clothes.  The most jewelry you will see me with is my Titanium Pro-Trek, wedding band, and the image you see on my icon. 

Edited by Moshe
cleaning up grammar

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, sparkyfender said:

I have them in 9mm, .40, and .45 acp.

Not obsolete to me............

My currents are the Stainless Slide .45C and the stainless slide USP .40

I tricked out the G-19 so much that I haven't pursued the 9mm.  I saw a stainless slide 9mm listed for 1k, which I thought was pretty high for a 9mm.

On 7/31/2018 at 8:44 PM, Will Beararms said:

The  USP and USPc are excellent firearms. 

I have shot the crap out of a compact 9mm with well over 20,000 rounds. Dragged it through heavens know how many classes, carried it on duty, off duty. But I road this one hard and put it away wet.  I love this pistol. 

It is still one of the best duty sized pistols made. It's not everyone's first choice because a lot of new stuff has some out since the USP ruled the planet.

HK...has to bring new firearms to the market to make money and stay relevant.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Historian said:

I have shot the crap out of a compact 9mm with well over 20,000 rounds. Dragged it through heavens know how many classes, carried it on duty, off duty. But I road this one hard and put it away wet.  I love this pistol. 

It is still one of the best duty sized pistols made. It's not everyone's first choice because a lot of new stuff has some out since the USP ruled the planet.

HK...has to bring new firearms to the market to make money and stay relevant.

They are work of art, and a firearm  much like the Stainless Revolvers by Colt and Smith and Wesson (without the Hillary Hole).  Anymore, it push out anything that works like Caniks.  I have carried the HK USP .40 LEM on duty, and despite the LEM trigger, tore up the target, unlike the Berretta 96D (Both .40).  After that, they decided to issues Glock 19's, and I got an ankle 26 as back up.  Then we went to the Sig .40 DAK (Liked that about as much as the 96D).  Then we could get POW, and I purchased a G-17, with a 26 back up.  That what I was using at the end of my career.  The 17 and the HK were my favorites.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:54 AM, willieH said:

The USP series are exceptionally durable pistols and designed for reliability. The trigger action has a few options and the controls are easily changed to suit the user. If the most important quality of a self defense gun is absolute reliability this gun is one of the best. If weight and reduced size are more important to some, then this design is showing its age.

23036855233_2cd93c1da0_b.jpg[/url]

My Personal one and how I prefer to carry:

HKCmine.jpg