I was just watching a feature about that OIS in Milwaukee.  31 year old Thurman Blevins was shot to death by police June 23rd 

while Blevins was running (armed with a handgun) from police. He was repeatedly ordered to drop his gun, and stop running.

he did neither.  Just before the officers opened fire, Blevins while still running half turned toward the officers and fired at them!

it was then that the officers shot Blevins four times, the wounds proved fatal. 

I've been mulling this over, and I'm becoming more convinced that this was a case of SUICIDE BY COP!  It seems to

fit the pattern. 

His cousin is currently spreading the usual carp about racist cops and that her cousin was killed because "the cops

"dint see him as a human being". 

The police need to quietly investigate the SUICIDE BY COP idea, and if it proves true,  show the loudmouthed cousin the hard proof

of it,  and give her a chance to shut her mouth and evaporate into the woods.

ETA. Sorry my mistake RE: the location.

Edited by HandyMan Hugh
To correct a mistake.

Thurman Blevins was in Minneapolis.

and i`m not qualified to say it was suicide by cop or not but what i do know is he was popping off rounds randomly in a congested neighborhood and endangering the public.

i think he was armed and crazy or high off his ass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s a mess any way you look at it. If the potential for violence spilling outside of the neighborhood was not there,  I’d say make the area a no-go zone and let the inhabitants have at it. Then they would have something to gripe about. The problem with doing that is it would get of control.  

Edited by Will Beararms

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2018 at 2:59 AM, HandyMan Hugh said:

The firing of Blevin's pistol SEEMS to have been done specifically to attract the attention of the police.

At this time we don't have information he was specifically attempting to draw police attention by firing his gun. 

• Like 1

Quite honestly, my whole post was simply stating my opinion of what COULD or MIGHT have occurred.  We have heard or seen similar

stories in the past that turned out to be just that, suicide by cop.  It was suggested that Blevins may have had some emotional disturbance,

and for that reason the police shouldn't have shot him. Poppycock! An emotionally disturbed person with a firearm can kill you just as dead 

as a sane person with a firearm and the intent. Bad scene!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:42 PM, Lt. Donn said:

Regardless of the man's motivation ( which will never be known), the reality is if you open fire on LE you should expect incoming rounds...as to the sister...no amount of factual knowledge will persuade her...best to just let it be.

Dead relatives are seen by some as a money pit.

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Dead relatives are seen by some as a money pit.

That is why I carried professional liability insurance, along with FLEOLA for attorney's when I needed one.  It was a good thing I carried disability insurance as well, which worked out okay so far.

Edited by Moshe
More info
  • Like 1