Breathe stupid

aomagrat

When I was on recruiting duty a fellow walked into the office ready to join the Navy.  He had a Masters in Finance degree and no criminal record. Ready to go to boot camp.  He took the ASVAB and got a 7.  A freaking 7!  How does someone too stupid to breathe get a Masters in Finance degree?

I think you could draw a picture with the bubbles on the answer sheet and do better.

I thought it was a joke when the smokies would call someone an ASVAB waiver.

It's pretty sad.  When I got out of the Marines, I applied for numerous jobs, in so many different fields. I was turned down because I didn't have a bachelor's degree.  DD214, honorable discharge, multiple awards, SOI and Division schools honor man, squad ldr, TRAP team ldr, blah blah blah. It meant nothing.  I told them all that I would start at the bottom and mop floors, clean toilets, do whatever it would take to get a foot in the door.  They all said the same thing- no degree, no job.  After all I had done in such a short amount of time, all of my accomplishments meant nothing?  Some lazy-*******-rich-kid-stoner, who spent six years getting a degree and learned absolutely nothing, is worth more than me? After I wagered my life for my country and the jack asses that live here?  YES!  

BTW, I scored 97 on the ASVAB.

I think you could draw a picture with the bubbles on the answer sheet and do better.
I thought it was a joke when the smokies would call someone an ASVAB waiver.
It's pretty sad.  When I got out of the Marines, I applied for numerous jobs, in so many different fields. I was turned down because I didn't have a bachelor's degree.  DD214, honorable discharge, multiple awards, SOI and Division schools honor man, squad ldr, TRAP team ldr, blah blah blah. It meant nothing.  I told them all that I would start at the bottom and mop floors, clean toilets, do whatever it would take to get a foot in the door.  They all said the same thing- no degree, no job.  After all I had done in such a short amount of time, all of my accomplishments meant nothing?  Some lazy-*******-rich-kid-stoner, who spent six years getting a degree and learned absolutely nothing, is worth more than me? After I wagered my life for my country and the jack asses that live here?  YES!  
BTW, I scored 97 on the ASVAB.

One shot. I was on a Trap team too. Way back in the day. Mogadishu Somalia. Me and my partner operated the jaws of life. Worked with the 24th MEU.

And it sucks that such highly trained military members aren’t worth **** back in the world.

I love the companies that go the extra mile to hire vets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SFCSMITH(RET) said:

I can do you one.. well.. three, better. A month after HS graduations, 3 (THREE!) diploma in hands, all healthy, no legal issues, FEMALES, walk in the door. READY to join. TOGETHER.. they didn't break double digits combined.

All the credit goes to our great educational system teaching students what to think.

• Like 1

Never had any real problems but as a Drill Sergeant at Ft. Dix NJ I had fa emale show up with 7 piece luggage set, males who did not know how to tie shoe laces and some folks who cried themselves to sleep at night because they missed mommy and daddy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/29/2018 at 1:09 PM, aomagrat said:

When I was on recruiting duty a fellow walked into the office ready to join the Navy.  He had a Masters in Finance degree and no criminal record. Ready to go to boot camp.  He took the ASVAB and got a 7.  A freaking 7!  How does someone too stupid to breathe get a Masters in Finance degree?

He probably works for the IRS now. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 11:58 PM, DWARREN123 said:

Never had any real problems but as a Drill Sergeant at Ft. Dix NJ I had fa emale show up with 7 piece luggage set, males who did not know how to tie shoe laces and some folks who cried themselves to sleep at night because they missed mommy and daddy!

There was one guy in my basic that was crying because he missed his boyfriend.

• Sad 2

On 8/1/2018 at 11:58 PM, DWARREN123 said:

:anim_rofl2:

• Haha 1

The military doesn’t make wise decisions on job placement either. 

I have a son with a degree in fire technology. He (of course) didn’t talk to dad before he went to the recruiter. I could have gotten him a guaranteed enlistment in the FD. When he signed up, he applied for Fire Department, Air Traffic Control and Linguistics. He took the language test and missed it be five points. 

So, off he goes to Lackland. He graduates basic and I’m there. I ask what career field he got. He didn’t get anything on his wish list. They put him in Security Forces with his first base assignment of Minot ND. All I could do was laugh at him. When I enlisted thirty years earlier, I was in the FD and later crossed over to the SF. His first base was the same one my dad was assigned to when I started first grade. Fifty miles south of the Canadian border with very low temperatures and deep snow in the winter  

Fast forward thirteen years later and he finished his time active duty and went into the Air National Guard, crossed over to the FD and is now an E-7 Master Sergeant. 

Fourth generation military, second generation SF and FD. 

• 4 weeks later...