5.11 packs for bugout

I know when I was at the NRA convention a couple of years ago, I tried on lots of packs and ended up picking the Badlands Rap-18. 

I liked the looks of the 5.11 packs, but the Badlands pack was the most comfortable for me.

Several years ago I did the 1 motorcycle only gig for over 1 year. Meaning, I had sold all my cars and truck, and got around only on one bike, shine or rain. That was actually my race bike, equipped with 2 lights and a plate. No bags and no room for anything but my butt.

Back then I did a lot of research for the best backpack and everybody with cross country and expedition experiences pointed at KRIEGA. So I got the KRIEGA R30 and used that to haul around literally everything for well over a year. Everything from tools to groceries, often well beyond 60 pounds. Basically every day, and at speeds I won't admit to.

The backpack didn't cause any back pain because it has a proper chest and waist harness, taking a lot of weight off your shoulders. If you will need a proper backpack in a real SHTF situation, low weight and no pain will be crucial. They are also water resistant. Mine had been though many downpours.

My backpack still looks like new. Plenty of pockets, even has a heat insulation.

If I ever needed another backpack I'd go with KRIEGA, no matter the purpose.

https://kriega.com/

Edited by crockett