Cop sex

4 minutes ago, ASH said:

that right there says it all  ,  and with that good nite peeps ,  tomorrow is my day off  ,  

Sorry if you can't accept the idea you can't treat and pay LE like you do migrant seasonal farm hands.    

Good night.    

does the photograph of the person gettin` her hair did invoke the seriousness of the charges,or is the reporter also the stylist?

i`m way too Yankeefied to grasp a lot of this.....

what.jpg.a68ba2f8cb89f0a6ce36fc5de57c6b41.jpg

when someone named "Rowdy" is the least violent option,that tells the whole story.

2 hours ago, PATCHMAN said:

Sorry if you can't accept the idea you can't treat and pay LE like you do migrant seasonal farm hands.    

Good night.    

Ah when proven wrong. Next is deflection. You wins the interweb my friend. Lol. Now let's see those links if you please. Very interested. Or we can go to riff Raff room? It's there for good discussions. So the thread can get back to topic .it interests me to hear different versions of criminals

Edited by ASH

5 hours ago, ASH said:

Ah when proven wrong. Next is deflection. You wins the interweb my friend. Lol. Now let's see those links if you please. Very interested. Or we can go to riff Raff room? It's there for good discussions. So the thread can get back to topic .it interests me to hear different versions of criminals

I get that it's not an idea you want to accept but studies have concluded again and again that one of the easiest way to eliminate corruption in LE is to pay them livable wages.  As for don't treat any employee as migrant seasonal farm workers, well, that's  a good general practice regardless of industry.      

People will or will not choose to be criminals and/or abuse their position of power.  If one is dissatisfied with their current income, they are free to find something better, whether or not is in their current area/locale or industry/government.   Choices.....everyone has them.

I know it's a common refrain for many to say "they should find something better..."  I also know that I don't know the history of Southport PD but it is entirely possible that several chiefs prior to this have tried the position, found it wanting and found something better.  As a result, here we are today...   

Or maybe not.    

Edited by PATCHMAN

6 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Not having all the cash you wish is no reason to turn to a life of corruption and crime. 

No question what he did was illegal and he's going to pay the price.  

To do better for his family, and as chief of police for that jurisdiction, he took a second job as an overnight truck driver. 

As I posted previously, many studies have concluded that an easy fix to minimize corruption like what happened here is to pay LE a livable wage.  I get that it's easier for some here to curse the darkness than to light a candle.       

giphy.gif     

you mention studies  can you produce them  to the forum ? 

can you tell me what a livable wage is and how it is determined to be livable or not livable  ?

Edited by ASH
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ASH said:

can you tell me what a livable wage is and how it is determined to be livable or not livable  ?

14 minutes ago, ASH said:

you mention studies  can you produce them  to the forum ? 

we can wait .  

• Like 1

Corruption is in the heart, not the paycheck. A corrupt man can be paid a million a year and will still be corrupt.

what you are advocating is that if we pay enough then the temptation to corruption will be less tempting. 

Corruption is not on a sliding scale of income, it is a character flaw. Or all teachers would be corrupt, all gas station attendants, hotel housekeepers, etc. They are not.

you have the wrong people in place.

• Like 3

On 7/30/2018 at 10:21 AM, Dric902 said:

Corruption is in the heart, not the paycheck. A corrupt man can be paid a million a year and will still be corrupt.

what you are advocating is that if we pay enough then the temptation to corruption will be less tempting. 

Corruption is not on a sliding scale of income, it is a character flaw. Or all teachers would be corrupt, all gas station attendants, hotel housekeepers, etc. They are not.

GOzGy5S.jpg.db3f92ff24e38f9acedcad427721516d.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2018 at 10:21 AM, Dric902 said:

Perfectly stated. Paying a person lacking integrity more may reduce their incentive to behave corruptly, but it doesn’t fix their lack of integrity. When I was a HS teacher trying to support a family of five on less than $50k a year we had a strict budget and I eventually took a part time job. I didn’t do that job during school hours nor did I let it impact my school obligations. Thankfully that part time job turned into a full time opportunity that paid a lot more than teaching in a public school. 

To Patchman’s point, the school lost a pretty good teacher because they paid a crappy wage.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 9:34 PM, PATCHMAN said:

No question what he did was illegal and he's going to pay the price.  

To do better for his family, and as chief of police for that jurisdiction, he took a second job as an overnight truck driver. 

As I posted previously, many studies have concluded that an easy fix to minimize corruption like what happened here is to pay LE a livable wage.  I get that it's easier for some here to curse the darkness than to light a candle.       

So I don't feel like I make "a liveable wage" then by your reasoning it would be ok to steal from my employer by clocking in and then leave to go work someplace else, finist my second job and go back and clock out of the job I did nothing at and get paid for both. Sounds reasonable to me. Can I " work" for you?

Edited by Bogart
Grammar

7 hours ago, Bogart said:

So I don't feel like I make "a liveable wage" then by your reasoning it would be ok to steal from my employer by clocking in and then leave to go work someplace else, finist my second job and go back and clock out of the job I did nothing at and get paid for both. Sounds reasonable to me. Can I " work" for you?

Sure, if you meet the standards.

For any position, of course an employer can set the salary the employer feels is sufficient. But guess what?  If the salary is set too low for that position/responsibility/job skills, the usual result is you get a high turnover of qualified workers.  Sure, eventually you might get an employee who decides to stay long term. But that usually results in a situation akin to the Peter Principle.    

Edited by PATCHMAN