Jump to content

Recommended Posts

hear that sucking sound ? they are practicing  butt puckers   better get em tight  . 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under Sigman and Tomaszewski’s leadership, 40 sheriff's office employees were fired or quit.

 

I'm guessing this pretty much tells the story.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PATCHMAN said:

Under Sigman and Tomaszewski’s leadership, 40 sheriff's office employees were fired or quit.

 

I'm guessing this pretty much tells the story.

And it’s not a huge department/office either.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

http://www.wect.com/story/38741150/southport-police-force-on-leave-after-chief-lieutenant-arrested

 

A local chief and LT were arrested and the rest of the PD put on leave a few days ago.

According to District Attorney Jon David, the joint investigation by the SBI and the FBI into Smith and Simmons began April 4 after law enforcement officers tipped off investigators about the pair.

State investigators said Smith and Simmons were driving overnight shifts for an unnamed local trucking company during the same hours they had claimed on their daily activity reports for the Southport Police Department.

 

Working a second job while LEO is a problem that has an easy fix.  Pay them a livable wage.

In this case, they were working second jobs as truck drivers on the overnight shift?  Woooooooo that must have paid them Daddy Warbucks money!    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PATCHMAN said:

 

According to District Attorney Jon David, the joint investigation by the SBI and the FBI into Smith and Simmons began April 4 after law enforcement officers tipped off investigators about the pair.

State investigators said Smith and Simmons were driving overnight shifts for an unnamed local trucking company during the same hours they had claimed on their daily activity reports for the Southport Police Department.

 

Working a second job while LEO is a problem that has an easy fix.  Pay them a livable wage.

In this case, they were working second jobs as truck drivers on the overnight shift?  Woooooooo that must have paid them Daddy Warbucks money!    

🤣🤣🤣

Chief Gary Smith, 46, and Lt. Michael Christian Simmons, 48, were both charged with conspiracy to obtain property by false pretenses, willful failure to discharge duties, and obstruction of justice.

They didndunuffin.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

🤣🤣🤣

Chief Gary Smith, 46, and Lt. Michael Christian Simmons, 48, were both charged with conspiracy to obtain property by false pretenses, willful failure to discharge duties, and obstruction of justice.

They didndunuffin.

I get the charges and what they did to deserve it.  

 

But they were working second job as truck drivers, to earn extra money.    If they had been paid a decent livable wage, they wouldn't need to to work second jobs.  

Any scuttlebutt whether money from the the second job went to pay for family/household expenses or to feed a gambling/addiction/GF on the side/something else problem? 

Edited by PATCHMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PATCHMAN said:

I get the charges and what they did to deserve it.  

 

But they were working second job as truck drivers, for god's sake, to earn extra money.  If they had been paid a decent livable wage as LEOs, they wouldn't need to to work second jobs.  

Gary Smith was earning $65,000/yr.

Michael Simmons was earning $50,000/yr.

They, like the rest of us, should have lived within their means, or should have chosen another career path.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't want to se a thread that denigrates our men and women in blue, our soldiers, our factory workers, computer programmers, or farmers.

The majority of all people in all paths of life are damned fine people in this country.  It seems easy to be down on that, but it is indeed a fact.  More people are willing to do good things than bad.

But every single career has it's villains, and none in my mind anyway, are any more or less noble than the other.  Two of the finest men I know are employed as a plumber, and one, recently deceased from a tragic case of pancreatic cancer, a food scientist.  Of the two worst I've ever personally known, one is a welder, and one was a cop.

But that doesn't make all plumbers and scientists great guys, nor does it make all welders and cops bad guys.

I just don't blindly defend or attack anyone based solely on their vocation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, jame said:

Gary Smith was earning $65,000/yr.

Michael Simmons was earning $50,000/yr.

They, like the rest of us, should have lived within their means, or should have chosen another career path.

$65K for a chief of police and $50K for the LT.?      Chief Just under the income median, and the LT below.  Don't blame them for wanting to better their families' lifestyle.  Working as midnight truck drivers show they were doing what they could to make ends meet to better their families' lifestyles.     How much did they make yearly as truck drivers? IDK.  

 

https://www.areavibes.com/southport-nc/employment/

https://www.areavibes.com/southport-nc/employment/

Edited by PATCHMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PATCHMAN said:

$65K for a chief of police and $50K for the LT.?      Chief Just under the income median, and the LT below.  Don't blame them for wanting to better their families' lifestyle.  Working as midnight truck drivers show they were doing what they could to make ends meet to better their families' lifestyles.     How much did they make yearly as truck drivers? IDK.  

 

https://www.areavibes.com/southport-nc/employment/

https://www.areavibes.com/southport-nc/employment/

Yea, not so sure we're gonna meet up on this one.

When my wife and I figured out we were living a little to fast for our money, we made a budget, and rather than taking second jobs, we adjusted our lifestyles to a more realistic level.  These guys were also driving for the trucking company while reporting that they were on the job for the city, which is theft, pure and simple.

If someone is willing to steal, especially from the public, to support their lifestyle, they have some pretty messed up priorities.  

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, jame said:

Yea, not so sure we're gonna meet up on this one.

When my wife and I figured out we were living a little to fast for our money, we made a budget, and rather than taking second jobs, we adjusted our lifestyles to a more realistic level.  These guys were also driving for the trucking company while reporting that they were on the job for the city, which is theft, pure and simple.

If someone is willing to steal, especially from the public, to support their lifestyle, they have some pretty messed up priorities.  

 

agreed i dont think this is a case of money , they both could make 100,000  a year and do the same thing they have done , im pretty sure they were  in their wicked ways  no

matter  what .  play stupid games win stupid prizes .  blaming it on income is  a cop out   , but yeah it could be anyone ,  maybe people on the weed too

 

WRAL tv caught a state trooper who not on the job he was at home all the time .  they staked out his house  

 

surprised i found it  here is story   

https://www.wral.com/highway-patrol-sergeant-under-investigation-after-he-was-found-at-home-while-on-duty/16263474/

Edited by ASH
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, jame said:

Yea, not so sure we're gonna meet up on this one.

When my wife and I figured out we were living a little to fast for our money, we made a budget, and rather than taking second jobs, we adjusted our lifestyles to a more realistic level.  These guys were also driving for the trucking company while reporting that they were on the job for the city, which is theft, pure and simple.

If someone is willing to steal, especially from the public, to support their lifestyle, they have some pretty messed up priorities.  

 

 

19 minutes ago, ASH said:

agreed i dont think this is a case of money , they both could make 100,000  a year and do the same thing they have done , im pretty sure they were  in their wicked ways  no

matter  what .  play stupid games win stupid prizes .  blaming it on income is  a cop out   , but yeah it could be anyone ,  maybe people on the weed too

 

WRAL tv caught a state trooper who not on the job he was at home all the time .  they staked out his house  

 

surprised i found it  here is story   

https://www.wral.com/highway-patrol-sergeant-under-investigation-after-he-was-found-at-home-while-on-duty/16263474/

I get that it's a hard concept to grasp, but plenty of studies on police corruption have concluded that to minimize corruption, start by paying cops a livable wage.  

As for what standard of living they wanted for their families, that was their decision.  

And, yes, they went beyond the pale with their second jobs.  

 

Edited by PATCHMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

im like jame we are gonna fail to see the same thing ,   what is a livable wage ?   who makes that choice ?    me personally was not making what i thought i should make  i would not be out committing felonies .   if you want to be a cop , be a good one ,  same with any profession  more so leo because they are mostly looked on higher standard and when they do things like this 

its 10 times worse.  if i had to public  i would not break the law because i thought i was not paid enough  , but thats just me .  some do it no matter what .  

some years farming i dont make the same money ,matter of fact it differs  yearly   , so we balance our living based on income .  if people cant that usually when they commit crimes and have no intergrity at all to start with 

and corruption  ? people choose to go into law enforcement and they pretty much know their pay  as any job ,  basic math says you take this job but i wont make what i want so i will be on the take  ,they need to go into a different field .   

Edited by ASH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PATCHMAN said:

I get the charges and what they did to deserve it.  

 

But they were working second job as truck drivers, to earn extra money.    If they had been paid a decent livable wage, they wouldn't need to to work second jobs.  

Any scuttlebutt whether money from the the second job went to pay for family/household expenses or to feed a gambling/addiction/GF on the side/something else problem? 

A.  According to the charges, the charged men were working another job while they were supposed to be policing Southport, if not, go to jail, *******s.

B.  Play by the rules, or go to jail, like he rest of us.  No one is above the law, go to jail, *******s.

C.  The FBI is involved, which suggests more charges will drop, go to jail, *******s.

D.  They screwed the whole SPPD, go to jail, *******s.

E.  They screwed the community/taxpayers, go to jail, *******s.

F.  If you are sympathetic to their cause, well, you know what.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

A.  According to the charges, the charged men were working another job while they were supposed to be policing Southport, if not, go to jail, *******s.

B.  Play by the rules, or go to jail, like he rest of us.  No one is above the law, go to jail, *******s.

C.  The FBI is involved, which suggests more charges will drop, go to jail, *******s.

D.  They screwed the whole SPPD, go to jail, *******s.

E.  They screwed the community/taxpayers, go to jail, *******s.

F.  If you are sympathetic to their cause, well, you know what.

Easy Al.  

If you read all my posts, you'll see I understand why they were charged with what they did.  All I pointed out was that many studies have noted that if an agency wanted to eliminate (not all, but as much as possible) corruption, pay the cops a livable wage. 

These two guys were working as overnight truck drivers, not exactly some easy job.  Would posters feels more vindicated if these two were using their badges to transport drugs or sexually exploited women?    

   

Edited by PATCHMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PATCHMAN said:

Easy Al.  

If you read all my posts, you'll see I understand why they were charged with what they did.  All I pointed out was that many studies have noted that if an agency wanted to eliminate (not all, but as much as possible) corruption, pay the cops a livable wage. 

These two guys were working as overnight truck drivers, not exactly some easy job.  Would posters feels more vindicated if these two were using their badges to transport drugs?    It's only drugs, right?  

   

Wow.  Just Wow.  I'm glad you aren't anywhere near our police force.

You are equivocating something like this..."if surgeons were paid more, fewer people would die, because they would spend more time doing the job they were being paid to do, and they wouldn't have to drive trucks at night."

I hope these two mother****ers are never employed again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Wow.  Just Wow.  I'm glad you aren't anywhere near our police force.

You are equivocating something like this..."if surgeons were paid more, fewer people would die, because they would spend more time doing the job they were being paid to do, and they wouldn't have to drive trucks at night."

I hope these two mother****ers are never employed again.

 

BAZINGA   , and some wonder why they get a bad rap  , pretty obvious  , there have been studies  on everything from cow farts  to weed  ,  oops i said bad word . agenda based studies   i hear that alot ,  seems to be the case as well here. 

Edited by ASH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Al Czervik said:

Wow.  Just Wow.  I'm glad you aren't anywhere near our police force.

You are equivocating something like this..."if surgeons were paid more, fewer people would die, because they would spend more time doing the job they were being paid to do, and they wouldn't have to drive trucks at night."

I hope these two mother****ers are never employed again.

 

I don't know anything about surgeons and their earnings.  I'm just pointing out that studies have concluded if LE were paid a more livable wage, that alone would go far towards reducing corruption.  

These guys were working as overnight truck drivers, not some high living transporting-drugs guys.   

Sorry if that disturbs you.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

how much common sense does it take to figure out ,  if you cant afford to live with you income  

A  find another job

B   set up budget

C   turn out like these corrupt mfers    

 

so the poster is saying  every or most LEO  are thinking corrupt  based on income  but pay more  it will cut down on corruption  , got and links to studies ?  got a number  of how many corrupt ?  

so should   local governments and tax payers and honest people  look into what people make ?  or check and balances  to see who might be leaning corrupt by income ?

Edited by ASH
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PATCHMAN said:

I don't know anything about surgeons and their earnings.  I'm just pointing out that studies have concluded if LE were paid a more livable wage, that alone would go far towards reducing corruption.  

These guys were working as overnight truck drivers, not some high living transporting-drugs guys.   

Sorry if that disturbs you.  

that right there says it all  ,  and with that good nite peeps ,  tomorrow is my day off  ,  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×