New pistol purchase × 2

F14A

1 hour ago, Jason D said:

I can respect that. It was enough to make me stop buying them, but not to talk **** about their products. There is no doubt that Springfield firearms are the best bang for the buck in the 1911 world. I was slow to accept the XD, but have been pleased overall with it. It's a well built pistol. 

I reread my post and realize it may have come off as a little abrasive. I wanted to clarify I didn't mean to come off that way as I completely understand and respect that point of view... I was just giving my opinion. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Springfield should be boycotted permanently. They sold out gun owners and gun retailers in Illinois. No person who supports the Second Amendment should ever do business with SA again. Period.

And the fact that they have tried to win customers over by using the most hallowed name in USA small arms manufacturing while doing NOTHING the remotely approximates the fine legacy at the Springfield Armory, but simply have fobbed off on the US consumer Eastern European firearms and rip offs of classic designs further merits any true gun lover's contempt.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by JJHNSN

On 8/22/2017 at 0:06 PM, F14A said:

So in the next week I will be buying 2..

A full size in 9 or 40 and a compact in the same cal.

I'm thinking on the HK VP. On the sub, I'm clueless. Looking for opinions and data points from you all. I know a few of you maniacs from the other place, so...

I would say both @ under 1100 Dollars. Should be plausable, yes? 

I have not purchased anything since my G43 2 years ago and I'm itching..

Let me know least I err..

Is there a specific purpose to this purchase?  I apologize if I missed it in the thread.

On 9/7/2017 at 5:38 PM, JJHNSN said:

Springfield should be boycotted permanently. They sold out gun owners and gun retailers in Illinois. No person who supports the Second Amendment should ever do business with SA again. Period.

And the fact that they have tried to win customers over by using the most hallowed name in USA small arms manufacturing while doing NOTHING the remotely approximates the fine legacy at the Springfield Armory, but simply have fobbed off on the US consumer Eastern European firearms and rip offs of classic designs further merits any true gun lover's contempt.

maxresdefault.jpg

And Ruger favored mags with a capacity of 10.  Let's boycott them.

And S&W was owned primarily by the Brits.  Lets boycott them.

And Winchester is a sellout to corporate owners to cheapen the brand further.  Let's boycott them.

Colt ripped off investors.  Boycott them.

And Barrett.....and Surefire....and Bushmaster...............**** it..........

I guess we all need another hobby.

6 hours ago, JJHNSN said:

Those are all lame comparisons to what Springfield did in Illinois. Facts. They is a bummer.

Not really.

Ruger did push for 10 round magazines and didn't want us peons to have access to 30 round Mini14 magazines. 

S&W was owned by a Brit group and did make a deal with the Clinton administration. 

Colt was an early pusher of smart gun tech, modded guns that us peons would have bought that made them not compatible with certain go fast parts, and they were owned by a venture capital group that raped the **** out of the company and was going to leave investors holding the bag. 

Rock River is just as guilty as Springfield. The point Jame was making was that if you looked hard enough, you would find all sorts of things to be bent out of shape about. Springfield and Rock River are both on my **** list, but this is a free country and others are free to buy what they like. Springfield still makes the best bang for the buck 1911, and RRA still makes great match guns. I chose not to buy anymore, but that's me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jame said:

In regards to legislative action taking place by legislators elected by voters in Illinois?

The biggest problem in Illinois is the electorate.  You can only spread blame so thin.

It's no problem. Threads always drift & always will..

No issue with me.

Edit: oops, I quoted the wrong post..

Carry on fellas.

Edited by F14A
Wrong post quote.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a H&K VP 9 Tactical.  Perhaps 800 rounds in and I am 100% pleased.  Came with night sights that are actually good, and the trigger is decent enough I do not feel the need to change anything.  Suppressor ready, and I like the wings on the slide for better purchase when racking.  Everything about it feels solid and well made.  Good luck in your search.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I picked up a Walther P99c AS.

I put TFX Sights on it. 9mm..

It's a damn fine weapon. 

I'm cocked, locked & ready to rock.

I had TFO's on my 43 but that weapon is gone. I had massive corrosion on the back body contact side of the gun. 

I'm thinking on a G20 next..

On 10/17/2017 at 10:22 PM, F14A said:

It's a damn fine weapon. 

I had TFO's on my 43 but that weapon is gone. I had massive corrosion on the back body contact side of the gun. 

Congrats F14A!! I've always wanted a Walther, but other guns keep getting in the way. I really need to budget some cash and get one. 

9 hours ago, Gun Shark said:

Congrats F14A!! I've always wanted a Walther, but other guns keep getting in the way. I really need to budget some cash and get one. 

Thanks. I really like it. I'm trying to find a Tomcat now..sheesh, Guns are a very expensive hobby.

Still cheaper than a new wife though! 

• 1 year later...

I have the HKC USP (stainless) V1 .45ACP cocked an locked in a holster.  I have a full size .40 Stainless slide also USP cocked and locked in a holster.  The .40 is more snappy, but I love the options of not going striker fired.  I hated the XD when it came out.  The Service Model .45's were jamo-matics.  Now, their .45 2.0 or (Gripzone) or whatever you want to call it,  I have HD Night Sights, and they worker great.  My wife "borrowed" by OD model when she decided she liked it, even though she has her own black stainless slide both in 2.0 and slim.  For a striker fired pistol, I will had to say the triggers feel better than the standard squish of the Glock stock trigger.  I might sell off my XD .45 2.0 compact to augment my Chrischna present to myself:

Image result for fnx-45 tactical fde  I am waiting for it to get to my LGS.  I already have an RMR to mount and an 800 lumen Strealight

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:22 PM, F14A said:

It's a damn fine weapon. 

The G20 is my favorite Glock I've owned two of them. The first one was a Gen 3 G20c . I didn't like how it felt in my hands compared to my G19 and G23 and then I tried a G20SF and it was perfect so I sold the G20c and got the SF. The Gen 4's with the interchangeable backstraps fiit more people's hands. The Glock 20 really handles the recoil of even the hottest 10mm loads with ease and it's a joy to shoot. When I first got mine I got a 40 S&W barrel for it but then I tried shooting 40 out of the 10mm barel and after qa while I didn't bother changing barrels anymore.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2017 at 7:22 PM, F14A said:

It's a damn fine weapon. 

6 hours ago, Borg warner said:

The G20 is my favorite Glock I've owned two of them. The first one was a Gen 3 G20c . I didn't like how it felt in my hands compared to my G19 and G23 and then I tried a G20SF and it was perfect so I sold the G20c and got the SF. The Gen 4's with the interchangeable backstraps fiit more people's hands. The Glock 20 really handles the recoil of even the hottest 10mm loads with ease and it's a joy to shoot. When I first got mine I got a 40 S&W barrel for it but then I tried shooting 40 out of the 10mm barel and after qa while I didn't bother changing barrels anymore.

G20 gen 4 is my favorite as well.  Everything from weak .40 up to the old "not for delta elite" loads from Underwood and nary a hiccup.

I also have the .40 conversion barrel for it, but mostly use it for cast reloads.  I know people say you can shoot lead through a glock barrel if you are careful and check it a lot, but it's easier to just swap out barrels back to stock at the end of target practice and not have to worry.

13 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

G20 gen 4 is my favorite as well.  Everything from weak .40 up to the old "not for delta elite" loads from Underwood and nary a hiccup.

I also have the .40 conversion barrel for it, but mostly use it for cast reloads.  I know people say you can shoot lead through a glock barrel if you are careful and check it a lot, but it's easier to just swap out barrels back to stock at the end of target practice and not have to worry.

It's not really a matter of being careful and checking it a lot. It's a matter of cleaning your barrel every time after you shoot your gun so that the lead doesn't build up. Glock warns against shooting lead in their polygonal barrels because they know that many Glock owners are lazy bums who never like to clean their guns.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

It's not really a matter of being careful and checking it a lot. It's a matter of cleaning your barrel every time after you shoot your gun so that the lead doesn't build up. Glock warns against shooting lead in their polygonal barrels because they know that many Glock owners are lazy bums who never like to clean their guns.

Yes, yes I am.

Thank you for noticing :)

21 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

Yes, yes I am.

Thank you for noticing :)

But think about it. If you use an aftermarket barrel to shoot cast bullets because you're too lazy to clean your barrel, it's actually more effort to change barrels Twice because instead of shooting the gun, taking the barrel out of the gun and cleaning it, and putting it back in the gun, what your doing is taking the factory barrel out of the gun, putting the aftermarket barrel in the gun, shooting it, taking the gun apart AGAIN, and then putting the factory barrel back into the gun.

And then, what you should be doing after you take the aftermarket barrel out of the gun, is cleaning it! I use Shooter's Choice Lead solvent and a bronze brush to clean up after shooting cast lead followed by some Hoppe's #9 and use and old bore brush as a patch holder and give the barrel a good scrubbing with the Hoppe's followed by some clean patches. A bore brush is the best patch holder ever invented. It holds the patch so securely that you can move the patch in and out of the barrel in two directions,

lead removal1b.JPG

Edited by Borg warner

39 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

But think about it. If you use an aftermarket barrel to shoot cast bullets because you're too lazy to clean your barrel, it's actually more effort to change barrels Twice because instead of shooting the gun, taking the barrel out of the gun and cleaning it, and putting it back in the gun, what your doing is taking the factory barrel out of the gun, putting the aftermarket barrel in the gun, shooting it, taking the gun apart AGAIN, and then putting the factory barrel back into the gun.

And then, what you should be doing after you take the aftermarket barrel out of the gun, is cleaning it! I use Shooter's Choice Lead solvent and a bronze brush to clean up after shooting cast lead followed by some Hoppe's #9 and use and old bore brush as a patch holder and give the barrel a good scrubbing with the Hoppe's followed by some clean patches. A bore brush is the best patch holder ever invented. It holds the patch so securely that you can move the patch in and out of the barrel in two directions,

lead removal1b.JPG

I usually just drop the barrel into the ultrasonic cleaner when I'm done and want to clean it.  As I sometimes put it into the ultrasonic tank, set the timer, then leave for the day this means my carry gun always has a barrel in it ready to go.  

I actually powder coat my reloads now, so it's minimal cleaning either way.  

• Like 1