Yeah, I'm a jerk.

Cougar_ml

Had never used a self-checkout until a year ago at the grocery store her in Mass....was only way to get put before your ice cream became soup.....never going back to the slow old lady checkout again.

But a hawt chick at an empty check-out line may lure me back into my old ways.

• Like 1

you wanna feel real unloved eat at Dicks  in myrtle beach lol .   but seriously i hate going into stores , people are ******* ass holes.  here is one for ya , my daughter bought new fridge from lowes,  had it delivered. well she called me on phone upset , told her i would drive over . well the 2 idiots  moving fridge into house hit the screen door  and scratched it all the way across., this is a 2,500  fridge  and they told her it would buff out and not their fault . i  went from 1 to 10 in a second ,

so i let them talk and took pics and recorded them ,  and drove to store really pissed off ,  i let them know we got 2 lowes accounts and this better be taken care of im cancelling them right ******* now.  some other drivers brought out new fridge to house and gave me 100 dollar gift card.  and i always get the dumbest people  in stores to check out .  so i dont think you reacted overly .  

This thread has really given me hope.  I’m 68 and close to retiring.  I was worried that without the level of stupidity I deal with at work every day, I would soon be bored.  You guys have really given me hope.

I found my coin purse and am looking for my checkbook. Once I retire, this is going to be FUN!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don't shop anymore for groceries, I use click list. When I'm at a hardware store, if they have self check out, I use it.

I am seeing a lot of responses from people who let way little **** if them way too much. It easier to go through life without all the anger....lol

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

People pick the strangest stuff to go non-linear over.  I go to whatever appears to be quickest.  If there's a line, or someone with three cartfuls at the self check, then a cashier starts looking better.  If the self check is empty, I use that.  A cute cashier may bias my choice.

-Pat

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, OregonG20 said:

I don't shop anymore for groceries, I use click list. When I'm at a hardware store, if they have self check out, I use it.

I am seeing a lot of responses from people who let way little **** if them way too much. It easier to go through life without all the anger....lol

One stupid little time & money saving idea leads to another and before long a bunch of corporations and bureaucrats are making all these decisions that are in our best interest (?). I expect customer service or at least the choice or I spend my money elsewhere. How many pricks have to inflict tiny little pinpricks before it adversely affects you? 

On a related note the same thing applies to politicians and holding them accountable. I see your user name is Oregon G20, so I'm guessing your from Oregon? I recently filled up my tank at 2.17 a gallon. Are they still requiring someone there to pump your gas for you? What is the gas per gallon right now? I would like to see a politician try to make that minor change here in Texas.

One stupid little time & money saving idea leads to another and before long a bunch of corporations and bureaucrats are making all these decisions that are in our best interest ([emoji23]). I expect customer service or at least the choice or I spend my money elsewhere. How many pricks have to inflict tiny little pinpricks before it adversely affects you? 
On a related note the same thing applies to politicians and holding them accountable. I see your user name is Oregon G20, so I'm guessing your from Oregon? I recently filled up my tank at 2.17 a gallon. Are they still requiring someone there to pump your gas for you? What is the gas per gallon right now? I would like to see a politician try to make that minor change here in Texas.

I live in a world where I don't expect minimum wage workers to be able to do very much for me. In my world, if I have a negative encounter with an employee at a store, I don't go online and bitch about it, like a 14 year old girl. In that world, if I can check myself out and be on with my day, I will. My time is worth it.

In my world, I show up at the same gas pump, every Monday, at the same station, and I fill my own truck. And I do the same thing if I'm out of town. Nobody says a word. The kids manning the pumps don't care. I carry myself in a way that they can tell by looking at me, that I'm not the kind of guy who is gonna be upset with their minimum wage job performance, and that I'm all out of f@cks to give about what the rules are. I'm in a hurry, and my time is important to me.

I'm like a lot of guys here in Oregon. Before you assume that all people in Oregon are limp wristed douchebags that can't hang, post the video of a person from your state sleeping more antifa members than NyQuil.

I'll wait.

3 minutes ago, OregonG20 said:

I live in a world where I don't expect minimum wage workers to be able to do very much for me. In my world, if I have a negative encounter with an employee at a store, I don't go online and bitch about it, like a 14 year old girl. In that world, if I can check myself out and be on with my day, I will. My time is worth it.

In my world, I show up at the same gas pump, every Monday, at the same station, and I fill my own truck. And I do the same thing if I'm out of town. Nobody says a word. The kids manning the pumps don't care. I carry myself in a way that they can tell by looking at me, that I'm not the kind of guy who is gonna be upset with their minimum wage job performance, and that I'm all out of f@cks to give about what the rules are. I'm in a hurry, and my time is important to me.

I'm like a lot of guys here in Oregon. Before you assume that all people in Oregon are limp wristed douchebags that can't hang, post the video of a person from your state sleeping more antifa members than NyQuil.

I'll wait.

So you pay about a buck more a gallon AND pump your own gas? You are apparently wise beyond your years.

I also pay someone $5 to do my grocery shopping. And when I show up, I'm gone in 5 minutes.

Are you still doing it yourself, plebeian?

I can't really do anything about the price of my fuel, but I sure as hell can make the transfer happen faster. And I do.

Any videos from your state, of patriots beating back antifa that you'd care to share? I know its convenient to lump everybody in the 9th largest State of the Union into the same bubble, because Portland, but your wrong. You think it's clever, and funny, but you're wrong.

So you pay about a buck more a gallon AND pump your own gas? You are apparently wise beyond your years.

25 minutes ago, OregonG20 said:

I also pay someone $5 to do my grocery shopping. And when I show up, I'm gone in 5 minutes.

Are you still doing it yourself, plebeian?

I can't really do anything about the price of my fuel, but I sure as hell can make the transfer happen faster. And I do.

Any videos from your state, of patriots beating back antifa that you'd care to share? I know its convenient to lump everybody in the 9th largest State of the Union into the same bubble, because Portland, but your wrong. You think it's clever, and funny, but you're wrong.

You seem very, very angry for a guy who doesn't get angry about the little things. Name calling, really? The point was lost on you, it's not a question of my state is better than your state. The point was simple, but I will make it even simpler.  It probably seemed like a minor thing when some bureaucrat came up with the idea to have all stations have mandatory gas service people.  A very minor decision that has had a lasting affect and a price increase that far exceeds the benefits of these minimum wage pump jockeys. 

Edited by XSIV4S

First, I'm not angry. I'm laughing may ass off at you you.

Second, unless Oregon has the highest gas prices in the country (which they don't) then all sorts of bureaucratic bull squirt goes into the equation. It isn't just the gas pumpers that make up the difference,but you can keep using lazy logic, if you want.

Houses cost more out here as well. Is that because we have real estate agents instead of selling our houses on our own?

My conversation with the employee at Lowe's, this afternoon:

Me: Hi. Can you tell me where the epoxy and glues are, please?

Him: Um, they're probably in paint. Or hardware. Yeah, either paint or hardware, probably.

Me: Stares at him, head cocked, eyebrows raised, encouraging further clarification. He stares back at me and says nothing, evidently believing he has helped me. I turn on my heel and walk away to find someone else. What I was thinking was, "Thanks for narrowing it down to six aisles, Mr. Helper. Now I know not to look in electrical and lumber."

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

walk it off.

let it go to being in a H.D. at night in the middle of the week,maybe.

i personally don`t like the self service aisles,but i see people stacked up in them and not in the real human aisles so if thats what people use,that`s what the store will provide.

like S.P. said use the contractor check out,that`s what i tend to do.

57 minutes ago, F14Scott said:

My conversation with the employee at Lowe's, this afternoon:

Me: Hi. Can you tell me where the epoxy and glues are, please?

Him: Um, they're probably in paint. Or hardware. Yeah, either paint or hardware, probably.

Me: Stares at him, head cocked, eyebrows raised, encouraging further clarification. He stares back at me and says nothing, evidently believing he has helped me. I turn on my heel and walk away to find someone else. What I was thinking was, "Thanks for narrowing it down to six aisles, Mr. Helper. Now I know not to look in electrical and lumber."

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

What pisses me off is that they scatter **** from hell to breakfast.  There is glue in the lumber isle and in paint and in trim.  I think if I find glue, I found ALL of the glue but no.  I understand tath some kinds of glu emay be more commonly needed in a certain area, fine put up a freaking sign that says more glue in isle 4b.

I was at Walmart the other day and they had insulated cups in 3 separate areas of the store.  I found the manager stabbed him in the belly and left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OregonG20 said:

Second, unless Oregon has the highest gas prices in the country (which they don't) then all sorts of bureaucratic bull squirt goes into the equation. It isn't just the gas pumpers that make up the difference,but you can keep using lazy logic, if you want.

Houses cost more out here as well. Is that because we have real estate agents instead of selling our houses on our own?

So you like the gas pump law?  If not, why are you defending it so heavily.  Me thinks though protest too much.  You know your state is going to **** and it pisses you off, yelling at us isn't going to fix it.

Lowes in these parts do not have self checkout. What I like about Lowes is the cashiers are located in the center of the store, and the pro checkout at the far end.

HD has them at one end of the store, so I have to walk further  as I am usually buying items at the other end. This gets more important the older you get.

Another thing about HD is at every corner there seems to be someone asking if I need help. Most of the time they know nothing about what I need. Then when I get to the checkout, there is one person on a register, so I use self checkout when I can.

I don’t like self check out.  I have yet to see items that are cheaper if I do the self checkout thing.  I view it as making more money for the store at my expense.  

At a Sams club a couple of days ago and there were 4-5 people lined up at each of the only two staffed registers.  Everybody was ticked about it.  I inquired about making a complaint to the manager and was told to call 1-800-walmart, which they said was much better, and I intend to to do.  Costco is nearby just in case they don’t care.  I can shop at either store.  

Depending on what I'm buying I'll either seek out a self checkout or a cashier so I get being annoyed that they didn't have both options. What I don't get is taking out on some minimum wage worker with zero control over policy or employee scheduling. 

10 hours ago, OregonG20 said:

You're laughing your ass off at me me? Well great, I'm glad I could cheer you up, you seemed upset about the perceived slight to your fine state. I'm not sure how an example about gas prices became the main topic, but for what it's worth the Federal Tax on gasoline is 18.4 cents per gallon, everything else paid above that and the actual cost of the gas is state and local taxes. So, anyone paying a lot more for gas lives somewhere that has a bureaucracy that thinks they can spend your money better than you do.

17 hours ago, JHB said:

You are not alone I would have done the same thing. I refuse to use the self serve. They are charging me for some one to check me out not paying me to do there job.

Kinda funny - the local Home Depot has decent service.  I think they have a few of those self checkout things but if you go to an actual register, they don't complain and are quite curteous.

Lowe's will almost fight you to get you to check out in a manned register vs the self check out.  You go to self checkout and they say "I can get you right here!"