Bow hunters roll call

Heehaw

I’m not in shape to bow hunt this upcoming season.   I haven’t been shooting for quite some time. 

These days I’m lucky to have time to get two kills with a rifle.  

I do love archery though. Traditional and compound. Dear hunting and bow fishing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

Just inshore fish, here.

Here in North MO the different season sure help to keep my priorities straight. I could fish all year and be happy, but the cold months don't allow that. I HATED winter with a passion until I started bow hunting. Now I think it's my favorite time of year. Preferably around the 15 degree farengheight mark ?

Another one here...our season doesn't open until Oct 1. I've been shooting but need some arrows. Been using the Carbon Express Maxima Red arrows and they have been good so I think I'll stick with them. Starting to get some activity on trail cameras. This one looks promising, a decent buck for our area.

1628375321_PABuck.thumb.jpeg.e58f19b9986bacc78353c8751853eca1.jpeg

My boys have grown 4 inches since the last time they shot their bows. Tonight we have some adjustments to make. I also have to dig my gear out and pre wash, then bury in leaves. anyone else do some weird stuff like that?

4 hours ago, Heehaw said:

My boys have grown 4 inches since the last time they shot their bows. Tonight we have some adjustments to make. I also have to dig my gear out and pre wash, then bury in leaves. anyone else do some weird stuff like that?

Nope. Moose don't care what I wear or how I smell. I killed one at the crack of sunrise a few years ago in my front lawn. I was still wearing my slippers. One arrow and done. Had him hung at my shop and skinned by 7am.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, Walt Longmire said:

I have never gotten buck fever while gun hunting, but I have had a minor case of 2 when stalking a bull moose for an archery kill. I like that first arrow to be 20 yards or less.

I understand 20 or less. My wife and I enjoy traditional archery mostly. Our kids shoot compounds. Honestly I'm having more fun keeping them in the sport than I have shooting myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...