Popcorn

Eric

1 hour ago, Taipei Personality said:

That does look good! I make mine on the stovetop in a Revereware copper-bottomed pot. Just coconut oil, popcorn, and salt.

Try replacing the coconut oil with duck fat.  It borders on a religious experience.

• Like 1

What I've been doing lately is after it gets done popping (I use that microwave bowl thing), is to sprinkle on either powdered chicken or beef stock.

Really good taste, but powder doesn't stick too well.  Maybe will try water spritz next time.  Trying to keep calories down or butter is the most obvious and best powder adhesive.

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

Try replacing the coconut oil with duck fat.  It borders on a religious experience.

I don’t like duck. Does duck fat taste like duck? Where do you buy duck fat? I’ve known people who pop their corn in bacon fat and swear by it.

1 minute ago, Bud0505 said:

The best/cheapest way is to buy a duck and render the fat.  But, many upscale markets sell it next to the fancy butter.  I'll get nearly the same amount of rendered fat from one duck that is sold in the plastic tub for $8-10.  A duck is usually around $16.

Yes, it tastes like duck.

• Like 1

dr b is the guy to talk to about this.

I may well sound like a broken record, but I’ll melt an unreasonable amount of butter, to which I had a similarly unreasonable amount of hot pepper sauce such as Franks Red Hot, and drizzle over the popcorn.  Then I sprinkle with fresh ground Parmesan and dig in.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jame said:

I may well sound like a broken record, but I’ll melt an unreasonable amount of butter, to which I had a similarly unreasonable amount of hot pepper sauce such as Franks Red Hot, and drizzle over the popcorn.  Then I sprinkle with fresh ground Parmesan and dig in.

Unreasonable amounts of butter and hot sauce?  That's just crazy talk.  ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jame said:

Parmesan on popcorn is good. So is a little Taco Seasoning.

• Thanks 1