Do I need a grip change?

DUBSY

37 minutes ago, DUBSY said:

Thanks, Borg. Since I put that mono grip on there I’ve been shooting the 158gr with no blood. I do want to give those wadcutters a try though. Just as a side note, I’ve been shooting a 4” gp100 in .357 with the rubber and wood panel grip. And that has on occasion drawn blood while shooting 158 gr magnums.

I think the best grips for a GP 100 ora Redhawk are the Hogues. 

https://www.hogueinc.com/ruger-gp100-super-redhawk-rubber-monogrip-black

It's important the grasp the gun tightly enough so it doesn't move around in you hands. And if you're going to be shooting a lot of rounds you might want to invest in some good shooting gloves. Magpul makes some that aren't very expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/Magpul-MPIMAG853-001-M-P-Industries-Technical-Gloves/dp/B01I1XQ1V4

On 11/7/2018 at 6:02 AM, BamaBud said:

Sorry about the triple post!!

If you post on an earlier page of a thread, you don't see your post until after you go to the last page. Oh well.

That's okay. Jerry is a lot of fun to watch. He is so happy to be shooting, S&W did well hiring him as a spokesman.

On 8/16/2018 at 2:02 PM, DUBSY said:

The Hogue monogrip is a wonderful thing! Thanks for the advice.

It really is. When I fired full power 357 magnum loads in my 3" SP101 with the 1/2" shorter factory grips it torqued in my hand and cut the top of my trigger finger. With the longer Hogue grip area my little finger got good purchase and the extra leverage put a stop to the discomfort.

• 3 months later...