What is your favorite generation of GLOCK?

fortyofforty

What is your favorite generation of GLOCK?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite generation of GLOCK?

• Gen 1
    • Gen 2
    • Gen 3
    • Gen 4
    • Gen 5

I voted Gen 5. I've never experienced Gen1 but have or have owned, been issued Gens 2, 3, 4, and 5. IMO Gen5 is the best. All the features of the Gen2 with a better trigger, mag release slide stop, barrel, recoil system and finish. 

• 2 weeks later...
I started a similar threat on the other forum about favorite Gen of 19 and thus far, Gen 3 is overwhelmingly the leader. 

This threat should be closed if there is already a threat on a different forum asking a similar question.

I’m just joking! There are probably a hundred threads on Glock Talk asking about preferred generations of Glock.

On 8/9/2018 at 12:15 PM, t4terrific said:

This threat should be closed if there is already a threat on a different forum asking a similar question.

I’m just joking! There are probably a hundred threads on Glock Talk asking about preferred generations of Glock.

Since I have self-banned from the "site which will not be named" I have no idea what is there.  Perhaps that other site should pull down its polls since I posted this one here.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 5:47 AM, minderasr said:

Although I voted gen 3 (for reasons previously stated), I'm surprised there's no gen 5 love.  Is that because it's a POS or just that nobody here owns one?G

Good question.  I think it's because not that many own the Gen5 guns yet  I have 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and a 5th  gen guns.  I think I prefer the 5th Gen gun so far.  Gotta stay up on the technology.?

• 1 month later...

I've never owned a Gen 1.  My favorite is the Gen 2, everything that you need, nothing you don't need.  But, since Gen 2's are getting harder to come by around here I'm starting to warm up to the Gen 3.  Most all parts from Gen 1, 2, and 3 will interchange withing frame size so I'll stick with them.  I did have a Gen 4 that I got in a trade but I didn't have it long before I sent it on to another new owner.  I did not care for the grip texture on it.  I do have a G43 which I guess is a Gen 4 and I like it for it's size.  I've never even touched a Gen 5.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the Gen 2's for the lack of finger grooves, thumb rest, and light rail because they have a very "Clean" look to them. But I hate the half-moon mag cut-out. I like the Gen 3's the best and can live with the light rail and the thumb dimple but hate the finger grooves.  I have never owned a Gen 4 and don't see the need for the double recoil spring. But the interchangeable backstraps is a good idea.

I like the Gen 5's since they don't have finger grooves but don't like how they eliminated the 3rd pin to allow for the ambi slide release and just like the Gen 2's, I hate the mag cut-out. I especially like the way the G19x and the G45 balances in the hand but I hate the color of the 19x and hate the forward slide serrations on the G45. Glock needs to either go back to the Left side slide release, which most left-handed people don't have any problem with, or figure out a way to make the slide release left hand only, right hand only, or ambi, and offer as an option any one  of the 3.