Taran Tactical Grand Master Connector Kit

Twospot

Anyone running this kit in their Glock? I bought it in March. Finally got around to installing it yesterday. For those unfamiliar, it reduces trigger pull to around 3 1/2 pounds. You replace the connector, trigger spring, trigger pin, striker spring and safety plunger spring. It is a beautiful pull, but man the safety plunger spring is really really light. Just curious if anyone has experience with it? I dropped a note to TTI asking if it's a problem leaving the stock plunger spring in place. I would feel more comfortable with that.

I have confidence any of my Glocks will fire if, and only if, I pull the trigger.   These spring changes may compromise that. Personally, I wouldn't chance it in a gun I was carrying.  For a range toy, OK.  

You can get a 3.5 lb trigger pull (though it will be less crisp) with just a connector change and polishing the appropriate parts by hand (or firing a couple thousand rounds).

• Thanks 1

I would be very hesitant to reduce the firing pin safety spring.  If its too light, it may not cycle fast enough to be able to properly do its job-blocking the striker.  Sure, several things would have to simultaneously go wrong before you would see an issue, but potentially taking away the safety value of the FPB is something that I'm not willing to do.  For a range or competition gun, there is nothing wrong with lightening the striker spring, as long as it has enough force to ignite whatever primers you're using.  Even if it fails, its not that big of a deal on the range.  For a carry gun, I'm a big proponent of stock ignition and safety part.

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2018 at 12:13 PM, HGxyz said:

I have confidence any of my Glocks will fire if, and only if, I pull the trigger.   These spring changes may compromise that. Personally, I wouldn't chance it in a gun I was carrying.  For a range toy, OK.  

You can get a 3.5 lb trigger pull (though it will be less crisp) with just a connector change and polishing the appropriate parts by hand (or firing a couple thousand rounds).

17 hours ago, phred said:

I would be very hesitant to reduce the firing pin safety spring.  If its too light, it may not cycle fast enough to be able to properly do its job-blocking the striker.  Sure, several things would have to simultaneously go wrong before you would see an issue, but potentially taking away the safety value of the FPB is something that I'm not willing to do.  For a range or competition gun, there is nothing wrong with lightening the striker spring, as long as it has enough force to ignite whatever primers you're using.  Even if it fails, its not that big of a deal on the range.  For a carry gun, I'm a big proponent of stock ignition and safety part.

Yeah I live in the People's Republic of NJ so there is no carry. I work in PA so I applied for and received my NH non-resident CCW permit because at the time PA accepted. In April they just closed that up and no longer accept any non-resident permit. I don't travel much so really no carry for me. I am hoping to move to PA next year so then I can just get a resident carry permit.

With all that said I went to the range today and shot mt 19 with this kit installed. Main it's incredible, but too light. I did not have any malfunctions, but damn it does not take much at all. I would not be comfortable with it as my carry gun. So I'll be taking it apart later and putting the stock parts back in except for the connector since it's already polished.

56 minutes ago, Twospot said:

Yeah I live in the People's Republic of NJ so there is no carry. I work in PA so I applied for and received my NH non-resident CCW permit because at the time PA accepted. In April they just closed that up and no longer accept any non-resident permit.

Not true.  I live in NY and maintain a non-resident permit in PA.  You just have to find the right office to apply/renew.  On my last renewal (which you now have to do in person) I went to Lackawanna (Scranton).  In and out in about 15 minutes.

17 hours ago, minderasr said:

Not true.  I live in NY and maintain a non-resident permit in PA.  You just have to find the right office to apply/renew.  On my last renewal (which you now have to do in person) I went to Lackawanna (Scranton).  In and out in about 15 minutes.

Oh it’s true. It’s right on the PA AG’s website. Unless you are referring to having a PA non-rez permit. In that case you have to have a CCW permit from your home state. So if you have a NY CCW permit, then you can apply for a PA non-rez permit. In my case I am a NJ resident with a NH non-Rez permit. With the reciprocity agreement PA and NH had this was accepted. They closed that for all non-rez permits.