case trimmer

DUBSY

I cannot tell you anything about the Lee other than I have not used it. In my opinion, you can find no better trimmer than the L.E. Wilson case. Trimmer. 

My first trimmer was an RCBS, but I did not like the way it held onto the rear of the case. I was concerned about the cutters not contacting the case mouths squarely, but the Wilson uses a shell holder that, in my mind anyway, solves this problem.

• Like 1

There is also a chamfer tool that you can use by taking out the cutter/hand crank. And putting on the chamfer/hand crank. It makes a perfect bevel every time.

No matter how hard I tried to start the bullet absolutely straight on the case mouth, I used to get some copper shavings when Seating Barnes TTSX bullets before I switched to this set up.

I don't own it, just pulled up a bunch of reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Lee-90437-DELUXE-TRIM-CASE/product-reviews/B00FORWUYI/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar

I read inconsistency and doesn't work for .223 several times out of it.

I wouldn't want the shavings being all over the place.

This guy installed a drill on it...

• 2 months later...

I have a drill press at home, so I took the Lee case trimmer cutter and lock stud, tossed out the lock stud, and just use the cutter with correct shaft installed into it in the drill press.

Downside is I have to hold the case I am trimming in a pair of pliers, as the cutter seems to need a lot of pressure on it to work right for me (but I'm trimming down some cut off .223 cases to make 300BO so it's a lit more to trim) and using a machinist type vise as my bottom stop.  I've only done this setup on a few dozen cases so far but seems to be working pretty well.

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.