Shotgun Photos Thread

Quickling

My 112 year old (mfg in 1907) Remington Autoloading Shotgun. As some of you know these John Browning designed shotguns were made from 1905 and onward until just after WWII. In 1911, the designation became the Remington Model 11. Still functions and shoots like a champ.

gfh56x41v58fpbSqNoo8A6vehpt0Y6fb-fqDudNM

rRF03X6qHuRZSNrYVO5LDFzKcubGG2Y2TSnqwjmt

CFEsWAQpSxWiFh7m4_-Q9tYBZkl2_BF6LJXtcP0M

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/19/2019 at 7:11 AM, Highspeedlane said:

My 112 year old (mfg in 1907) Remington Autoloading Shotgun. As some of you know these John Browning designed shotguns were made from 1905 and onward until just after WWII. In 1911, the designation became the Remington Model 11. Still functions and shoots like a champ.

rRF03X6qHuRZSNrYVO5LDFzKcubGG2Y2TSnqwjmt

Wow.  What a dream shotgun.  I hope you hunt with it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love shotguns.  Though, I am not a fan of the Wilson Combat 14 inch  Remington we used to carry.  You could hit the center of the target out at 25 yards on a timer, yes. but they were surface rust magnets, no matter how well they were cleaned.  I was accurate with that and the similar sized barrel of the M-4 full autos (no cool red dots back then), you figured out the rear aperture for your eye.  Though, both came in handy for guard duty at key locations after 9/11.  I made a UC guy **** his pants one day,  I would scenario load the shotgun when that was my issue that day.  00 for the drive, slug for the engine, etc.  So, I was on gate guard duty for the Station that day before someone would hit the main gate.  So, someone always has to be a smartass.  A sedan with Tamulipas  plates roars  its engines as if to charge me and my marked unit.  I racked the shotgun and pointed it directly at the driver's head.  That is when he flashed his red and blues and about **** himself.

• 6 months later...