2. 2. Manufacturer?

• Black Hills
    • Federal
    • Winchester
    • Hornady
    • IMI
    • Barnes
    • Other

Honestly, whatever brass FMJ is the cheapest.

Too many folks expect a 16-inch chrome lined bore to do things it cannot do, accuracy-wise.

I do not reload and shoot 2-3,000 rounds a year so anything under $0.30 is good to go with me.

• Like 1

55 grain winchester ballistic silvertip varmint and predator rounds.  Fragmenting with polymer tip.  

It's what the local swat team uses.  I expect to have to use it more on coyotes than people, but it should do some pretty good damage to either.

After that it's Fiocchi Extrema hunting rounds with the 50 grain V-MAX bullet, because they were cheap, under $0.40 per round when I got it.

Edited by Cougar_ml

3 hours ago, Glocks4Freedom said:

I've read good things about CFE223... How does it compare to Ramshot TAC, if you have used the latter?

Thanks

I have not used Ramshot TAC but I've always wanted to give it a try. Heard nothing but good things about it.     I've used Varget and CFE223.   I liked Varget but it's still really expensive and I'm not sure why.   Also I shoot this ammo with a RDS so I can't really comment on extreme accuracy of my loads.  

Mostly M193. Wolf Gold is currently the most common. At self defense ranges, the accuracy is fine. Great price.  I do keep two backup mags loaded with 60 grain V-Max ballistic tips. They are in a different color PMag so I know the difference.