I can’t believe I just did this:

Will Beararms

17 hours ago, Boogieman said:

I carried a 10mm for a long time.  But with modern bullet technology there's really no reason to carry anything but  9mm.

I prefer the 10 to the 9 but I prefer carrying a 9 to a 10. As far as bullet technology, while it isn't as critical in the 10mm, all calibers can benefit from modern technology and I'd like to see federal design an HST bullet in 180 grain specifically for the 10 mm and load it to about 1150-1200 fps and most important sell it for the same price as a box of 45 ACP 230 grain HST Plus+ P's which is currently $24.99 /$0.50 Per Round at Target sports online.

I carry a G23 but would like to carry a smaller 9.  I have a KKM 9mm barrel fo rit to shoot the cheaper  ammo But the one 9mm I'd really like to have is the G19x if they'd ever make the same exact gun in Black. I like it because how it feels in my hands and most of all I like it because it has no finger grooves AND no front magazine cut-out. I've heard rumors that when they finally make it in Black that it will have the mag cut-out just to piss me off. 

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Will Beararms said:

——-Just bought a Glock 17 Gen. 4.  (With my best Hank Hill impersonation) “ 9mm? Whaaaaaaaattttt? Bobby......the 9mm is a Caliber French women invented while their husbands cooked supper. “ ;) 

Congrats- highly doubtful that you’ll regret your decision. Sounds to me like it was an impulse buy and impulse buys are some of the best buys. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:59 PM, trigger45 said:

Got rid of my 10mm G20.4. And really started paying attention to my G21sf and G30sf. Really glad I did that. Most comfortable pistols to fire.
I still have G19.3 and G26.3 but rather shoot .45acp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't carry my G20 a lot but I'm not going to part with it either.  There is just something really pleasing about 10mm power and every so often I get the urge to take it out to the range and shoot the Hell out of it. Even my G21 doesn't put a smile on my face like the 10mm does and I love shooting my .45's.

Edited by Citra47
  • Like 1

I never even put my hands on a G17 until I disassembled a gen 5 in my armorers class in April. What a sweet pistol! Way bigger than I want to carry (I carry a 26), but I'd love to have the opportunity to shoot one at the range. I've only owned micros and subcompacts, so anytime someone puts a full size in my hand, I shoot the **** out of it. I bet the 17 would be no exception.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2018 at 12:09 AM, Will Beararms said:

——-Just bought a Glock 17 Gen. 4.  (With my best Hank Hill impersonation) “ 9mm? Whaaaaaaaattttt? Bobby......the 9mm is a Caliber French women invented while their husbands cooked supper. “ ;) 

Hmm I'm half french and carry a .45...and I cooked dinner. :)

I don't carry my G20 a lot but I'm not going to part with it either.  There is just something really pleasing about 10mm power and every so often I get the urge to take it out to the range and shoot the Hell out of it. Even my G21 doesn't put a smile on my face like the 10mm does and I love shooting my .45's.

I guess I need to add didn’t have the funds available to get springs and guide rods and load development oh and barrels. I was going to sink so much money into it. Then used my brother reloads in my G21 cut a clover at 15 with little to no recoil, G30 about the same.

Conclusion, I’m done .45acp or 9mm for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Will Beararms said:

My distance. vision is still excellent but up close, I need readers. I shoot better with the longer sight radius of a full size pistol so I carry a Glock 22, HK P30 and will carry the 17 after I get some trigger time wifh it 

Due to some corneal damage my doctor moved me to contacts about a week and a half ago.   They can now refract me to 20/15 and i need readers in a +1 at about 1 foot from my nose.

It's been a freakish week.   One of the first things I did was look at the sights on my pistol (and i could seem them fine before) and suddenly I can see the ridges on the from ramp of the site.   With a scope it appears I can see forever.  I was hitting steel plates at 700 yards before.  Can't wait to get to the extended range.

I was once a decent marksman.  :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...