Dramatic Pictures

Eric

Stayed in a forest ranger cabin deep into the wilds of central Oregon around Prinville Oregon , woke one day and watched a herd of sheep grazing on the foliage, they let them eat the grass to keep the threat of fires down, interesting there was over hundred sheep controlled by two sheep dogs, they were very friendly pouches, they are very efficient doing their job ...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

This quite aways  before the the falls, by grand island. I dropped a pin where I shot those pics from!
2EA73D17-0597-4014-9B67-734EFFC2E03A.thumb.png.a3ac4338767c52bf40051b783aba2589.png

From your picture... featuring the small island dividing the American and Canadian Falls...
b6d2ade88493eef682ae62d8546c638b.jpg
One visit the wife and I were able to walk from the American shore to that small island. The Americans had put a coffee dam between that island and the American shore to study what if anything could be done to slow the erosion of the face of the American Falls. The concern was that erosion would convert the American Falls into the American Rapids. Don’t know if anything was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Also, one time when we visited the Falls area a barge had snagged on a rock upstream from the Canadian Falls between the Canadian shore and the small island. It could be seen from the Canadian shore near the Falls. Suspect it broke loose and went over years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Eric featured this topic