Dramatic Pictures

Eric

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

f06159662bec3a30.jpeg?1586097289

Rather haunting.

Many little ethnic rural communities around my home town had their own cemeteries.  It's kind of sad that a once close community doesn't offer enough to the young people, and they leave while this culture dies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The burned out Catholic Church building, whose picture I posted earlier, also had a cemetery. It was too far away to show up with the building. A large number of the graves were of young children. Losing children to accident and disease, and wives to childbirth, were all too common in the nation’s younger days. 

08FD321A-2045-4057-9627-036665E6F9CC.jpeg

• Sad 4

Few more doorways

4ebabea9ab83c89e.jpg

968c2079211b66f2.jpg

ad08a7a8895e819c.jpg

b8fa5875a3aa9f4f.jpg

One of my friends at work spend months "carving his new front door", I never got a chance to see it before he succumbed to age and problems.

His pride and joy was a Bulovia Accutron with a transparent face.

advertentieklein.jpg

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, janice6 said:

One of my friends at work spend months "carving his new front door", I never got a chance to see it before he succumbed to age and problems.

His pride and joy was a Bulovia Accutron with a transparent face.

advertentieklein.jpg

Neat watch, I still have mine but not with the clear face.  Was looking into getting it restored by a guy that specializes in accutron's but it would cost more that the watch did when it was new. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Neat watch, I still have mine but not with the clear face.  Was looking into getting it restored by a guy that specializes in accutron's but it would cost more that the watch did when it was new. 

I have always lusted over these. but my problem is that I never know today's date.

But maybe when restored it may be worth more than it was when new!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 11:21 AM, janice6 said:

Rather haunting.

Many little ethnic rural communities around my home town had their own cemeteries.  It's kind of sad that a once close community doesn't offer enough to the young people, and they leave while this culture dies.

I can probably find a dozen or so small cemeteries within a half hour of my rural house. Some are apparently no longer used at all, some are used from time to time, some used fairly regularly. The ones no longer used may be old family cemeteries with no remaining family members in the area. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, railfancwb said:
On 4/5/2020 at 11:21 AM, janice6 said:

Rather haunting.

I can probably find a dozen or so small cemeteries within a half hour of my rural house. Some are apparently no longer used at all, some are used from time to time, some used fairly regularly. The ones no longer used may be old family cemeteries with no remaining family members in the area. 

We have quite few cemeteries like that around here.  One just up the road a short distance, has a dirt drive going up the hill through the tree to a opening with a dozen or so stones.  Rain washes out the drive sometime but someone grades it and maintains the area around the stones.  Have no idea who takes care of it, we do have a group in the community that maintains pioneer cemeteries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pipedreams said:

We have quite few cemeteries like that around here.  One just up the road a short distance, has a dirt drive going up the hill through the tree to a opening with a dozen or so stones.  Rain washes out the drive sometime but someone grades it and maintains the area around the stones.  Have no idea who takes care of it, we do have a group in the community that maintains pioneer cemeteries.

It is sad when someone cared to place a stone on a grave and later no one cares to maintain it.

• Sad 1

• Eric featured this topic