Dramatic Pictures

Eric

11 hours ago, willie-pete said:

VAB building on the Cape being built. At the time, the largest enclosed space in the world.

vab.jpg.e5f9b84a1d9e557d9924e7df2488069d.jpg

I understand that it was so big that it actually had it's own weather inside.  

"...The building has at least 40 MW of air conditioning equipment, including 125 ventilators[2] on the roof supported by four large air handlers (four cylindrical structures west of the building) to keep moisture under control. Air in the building can be completely replaced every hour. The interior volume of the building is so vast that it has its own weather, including "rain clouds form[ing] below the ceiling on very humid days",[11] which the moisture reduction systems are designed to minimize...."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Assembly_Building

• Like 3

6 hours ago, janice6 said:

I understand that it was so big that it actually had it's own weather inside.  

"...The building has at least 40 MW of air conditioning equipment, including 125 ventilators[2] on the roof supported by four large air handlers (four cylindrical structures west of the building) to keep moisture under control. Air in the building can be completely replaced every hour. The interior volume of the building is so vast that it has its own weather, including "rain clouds form[ing] below the ceiling on very humid days",[11] which the moisture reduction systems are designed to minimize...."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Assembly_Building

As a young child, I saw it being built ( from afar ).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Eric featured this topic