Eric

Dramatic Pictures

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.0f37f5f883de68223801ca5ec4490e52.png

According to Democrats, you are looking at symbols of terrorism.  According to Democrats.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/18/2019 at 4:46 PM, railfancwb said:

a5da99db285e3784e4e6140df52a745e.jpg

Visited Chattanooga TN to see these two replicas of two of the original Columbus ships. (Which is how I came to photograph the Southern Belle.)

f121c472df595d80939e162c4ab5c704.jpg

This map only shows eastern visits. Think they have toured some in the Pacific as well.

http://thenina.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw replicas of the ships, supposedly that brought the settlers to James Town colony.  I couldn't believe how small they were.  An I have been in the North Atlantic on a wooden ship 180 feet long.  These were half that size. 

Then the claim is that they jammed 100 people in the ships besides.  You may think that 100 people wouldn't have to tolerate bad conditions for long, but my ship traveling 12 knots, took about three weeks steady running, not at the whim of the winds.  This while using our diesel engines.

We ran out of fresh water and the distilleries could only provide a minimum of drinking water.  Salt water for everything else. 

What would this new world offer to have people subject themselves to this and potential death to come to a wilderness with no guarantees for survival...…...

• Like 1

There is a replica of the Elizabeth, the ship which brought “The Lost Colony” to the Outer Banks, in Manteo.

All of the replicas of ships from that era need heights between decks increased to accommodate guests which average close to a foot taller than original crews.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

There is a replica of the Elizabeth, the ship which brought “The Lost Colony” to the Outer Banks, in Manteo.

All of the replicas of ships from that era need heights between decks increased to accommodate guests which average close to a foot taller than original crews.

I visited the U.S.S. Constellation in Baltimore harbor and I had a very hard time walking the gun deck the overhead was so low.  It's surprising just how short the Early Americans were back then. 

I also visited Colonial Williamsburg and found the doors to the houses and the ceilings were also very short for me (I'm 6'2").  Isn't it amazing how the American diet caused such a growth spurt.

I talked with people that said that the Japanese are now much taller because of the more Western diet also.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.d6b52f1ec22f356142f38c76cecd373f.png

The road into your imagination.  Who knows what wonders it holds.

• Like 1

VAB building on the Cape being built. At the time, the largest enclosed space in the world.

vab.jpg.e5f9b84a1d9e557d9924e7df2488069d.jpg

Edited by willie-pete
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1