Dramatic Pictures

Eric

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

I had an uncle who was an AMA bike racer in the sixties, for Team Harley Davidson. He is in the AMA Hall of Fame. His name was Freddie Nix.

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?RacerID=242

nix1.jpg.408155b00c31bfb714f920c88a2d0800.jpg

AMA flat track is some of my favorite racing.  Indy Mile, , Lima, Springfield, the old Louisville 1/2 mile.  Had lots of fun watching those guys battle it out on the hard pan.  Didn't see your uncle, but saw Jay Springsteen, Bubba Shobert, Scotty Parker-

• Like 1

• Administrators
Just now, norton said:

AMA flat track is some of my favorite racing.  Indy Mile, , Lima, Springfield, the old Louisville 1/2 mile.  Had lots of fun watching those guys battle it out on the hard pan.  Didn't see your uncle, but saw Jay Springsteen, Bubba Shobert, Scotty Parker-

I was only two when he was killed in an auto accident. I wish I had had a chance to get to know him. I never ran bikes competitively, but I've always been a bike nut. Anyway, those who saw him race said he was amazing.

• Like 1

I took the photo of Wes Cooley in the rain. Seemed like every year I went to Mid Ohio to watch the road racing superbikes it rained.   It was in the late 80's iirc.  Wes had been superbike champion riding a Yoshimura tuned Suzuki, later moved to Rob Muzzy's Kawasaki team.  A few years later Wes was seriously injured in a m/c racing accident.  Last I heard he has fulfilled a dream to work in the medical field. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, norton said:

I took the photo of Wes Cooley in the rain. Seemed like every year I went to Mid Ohio to watch the road racing superbikes it rained.   It was in the late 80's iirc.  Wes had been superbike champion riding a Yoshimura tuned Suzuki, later moved to Rob Muzzy's Kawasaki team.  A few years later Wes was seriously injured in a m/c racing accident.  Last I heard he has fulfilled a dream to work in the medical field. 

I have used some Muzzy's performance parts. That guy is a legend on two wheels.

When I was in high school, I rode a Honda CB400F. I was living in Wichita Falls, TX at the time and Eddie Hill had/has a motorcycle dealership and service center there. He raced on a CB400F at one point and he helped me on several occasions to set up my CB400. He is a hell of a nice guy and he has gone fast in damned near every type of motorized conveyance. I remember watching the Gator Nationals when he broke the 5-second quarter-mile ET. He ran a 4.93 and backed it up on his next run. That was a hell of a day for drag racing.

• Like 1

• Eric featured this topic